2008 Proceeding Information
Documents, Reports, and Public Comments
(Docket # 07-AAER-3)
- Rulemaking Part A
(Docket # 08-AAER-1A)
- Rulemaking Part B
(Docket # 08-AAER-1B)
Documents Page for 2008 Appliances Rulemaking - Part B
Docket # 08-AAER-1B
The purpose of this rulemaking is to adopt efficiency standards for metal halide lighting fixtures (luminaires), a comprehensive voluntary test procedure for battery charger systems, clarification of the current regulations for residential pool pumps (including clarification of the current test method for portable electric spas), requirement that replacement motors for existing residential pool pump equipment must be two-speed or multispeed motors, and necessary updates and revisions to the overall Appliance Efficiency Regulations for consistency with current federal laws.
Rulemaking Meetings & Documents
- December 3, 2008
Notice of Commission Adoption Hearing, Availability of 15-Day Language and Documents Relied Upon, and Opportunity For Comment. (PDF file, 5 pages, 77 kb)
- Documents for December 3rd
- Proposed Amendments to Appliance Efficiency Regulations - 15 Day Language (2008 Appliance Efficiency Rulemaking, Phase I, Part B). Publication # CEC-400-2008-021-15DAY. Docketed: November 14, 2008. (PDF file, 245 pages, 1.4 megabytes)
- Adoption Order for the 2008 Appliance Efficiency Regulations.5 pages, 56 kb)
- Notice of Proposed Action Appliance Rulemaking Part B and Hearings on 9/17 and 10/22 - Docketed: August 29, 2008. (PDF file, 14 pages, 56 kb)
- September 17, 2008 - Efficiency Committee Hearing to Receive Public Comment on the Express Terms
- Staff Presentation - September 17 Hearing, Docketed: September 23, 2008. (PDF file, 62 pages, 254 kb)
- Hearing Transcript, posted September 30, 2008.
- October 22, 2008 - Hearing to Consider Adoption of Express Terms
- Hearing Transcript.
- Main Documents for Hearings & Rulemaking
- Document Relied Upon - Battery Charger System Test Procedure - Online: November 19, 2008. (PDF file, 32 pages, 177 kb)
- Initial Statement of Reasons - Docketed: August 29, 2008. (PDF file, 29 pages, 104 kb)
- Express Terms - Proposed Amendments to Appliance Efficiency Regulations - 45 Day Language (2008 Appliance Efficiency Rulemaking, Phase I, Part B), publication # CEC-400-2008-021-45DAY. Docketed: August 29, 2008. (PDF file, 235 pages, 1.3 megabytes)
- Documents Incorporated by Reference - Docketed: August 29, 2008. (PDF file, 3 pages, 40 kb)
- Staff Report - 2008 Appliance Efficiency Rulemaking, Phase 1, Part B Docket #08-AAER-1B. Publication # CEC-400-2008-023. Docketed: August 29, 2008. (PDF file, 38 pages, 1.4 megabytes)
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Negative Declaration & Environmental Document Transmittal. Online: October 24, 2008. (PDF file, 2 pages, 36 kb)
- Initial Study and Proposed Negative Declaration. Online: October 24, 2008. (PDF file, 42 pages, 680 kb)
- Amendments to Appliance Efficiency Regulations Initial Study and Proposed Negative Declaration California Code of Regulations Title 20, Sections 1601 1608 Docket # 08-AAER-1B Staff Report. Online December 11, 2008. (PDF file, 39 pages, 252 kilobytes)
For earlier documents and materials submitted prior to the formal public comment period, see the Pre-Rulemaking Documents Page.