Information for This Rulemaking Proceeding
Documents Page for 2009 Appliances Rulemaking - Television Efficiency Standards
Docket # 09-AAER-1C
- Public Comments (PDF files)
November 4, 2009 November 18, 2009 - Energy Commission Business Meeting to Consider the Following Items:
The comment period for the television energy efficiency standards closed on November 2, 2009.
To fully consider the content of the 27 submissions received yesterday shortly before 5 p.m. on the California Energy Commission's proposed energy efficiency standards for televisions, we are re-scheduling the Negative Declaration for Energy Efficiency Standards for Televisions (agenda item 9) and Energy Efficiency Regulations for Televisions (agenda item 10) scheduled at the November 4, 2009, Energy Commission Business Meeting.
Both items will be considered at the November 18 business meeting.
- NEGATIVE DECLARATION FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY STANDARDS FOR TELEVISIONS. Possible adoption of the proposed Negative Declaration, including a Finding of No Significant Impact under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), for the proposed energy efficiency standards for televisions. This adoption hearing comes after the end of the 30-day comment period necessary to comply with CEQA guidelines.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY REGULATIONS FOR TELEVISIONS. Possible adoption of proposed amendments to the Appliance Efficiency Regulations in Title 20 of the California Code of Regulations relating to energy efficiency standards for televisions. This adoption hearing comes after the end of the 45-day comment period necessary to comply with the Administrative Procedures Act.
- Documents for Hearing
Supplemental Slides to Legislative Hearing Presentation. Posted: November 18, 2009. (PDF file, 33 slides, 437 kilobytes)
Supplemental Response to Consumer Electronics Association's Comments. Posted: November 18, 2009. (PDF file, 7 pages, 91.1 kilobytes)
October 13, 2009 - Committee Public Hearing on Draft 45-Day Language on Appliance Efficiency Standards for Televisions
- October 13, 2009 - Notice of Public Hearing: Amendments of the Appliance Efficiency Standards Initial Study Proposed Negative Declaration, posted October 1, 2009. (PDF file, 1 page, 20 kb)
- Agenda for the Hearing - (PDF file, 1 page, 20 kb)
- Hearing Transcript - (PDF file, 131 pages, 208 kb)
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Negative Declaration & Environmental Document Transmittal, posted October 1, 2009. (PDF file, 3 pages, 56 kb)
- Hearing Notice and Notice of Proposed Action, posted September 18, 2009. (PDF file, 12 pages, 156 kb)
- Notice of Correction of day on Notice of Proposed Action, posted September 25, 2009. (PDF file, 1 page, 13 kb)
- Documents for Hearing
- List of TV Models Meeting 2011 proposed standards, posted September 25, 2009. (PDF file, 47 pages, 105 kb)
Amendments to the Appliance Efficiency Regulations: Initial Study and Proposed Negative Declaration, publication # CEC-400-2009-014. Posted: October 1, 2009. (PDF file, 40 pages, 452 kilobytes)
Proposed Amendments to Appliance Efficiency Regulations (Express Terms), California Code Of Regulations Title 20, Sections 1601 Through 1608 - 45-DAY LANGUAGE, publication # CEC-400-2009-023-D-45-DAY. Posted: September 18, 2009. (PDF file, 14 pages, 96 kilobytes)
Initial Statement of Reasons, Proposed Amendments to Appliance Efficiency Regulations, posted September 18, 2009. (PDF file, 14 pages, 56 kb)
2009 Appliance Efficiency Rulemaking, Phase 1, Part C - Docket #09-AAER-C, Staff Report, publication # CEC-400-2009-024. Posted: September 18, 2009. (PDF file, 55 pages, 992 kilobytes)
Overview of Proposed Television Regulations and Draft Negative Declaration Report for Television Efficiency Standards, Staff Presentation. Posted: October 13, 2009. (PDF file, 67 pages, 2.2 megabytes)
Note: Documents for the pre-rulemaking proceeding (07-AAER-3C) are available on the 2008 Rulemaking website section.