- Rulemaking on California Quality Light Emitting Diode (LED) Lamp Specification
(Docket # 12-BSTD-3).
- 2012 Rulemaking on Appliance Efficiency Regulations
(Docket # 12-AAER-2).
- Appliance Efficiency Standards for Battery Chargers
(Docket # 11-AAER-2).
- Appliance Efficiency Enforcement
(Docket # 12-AAER-1).
Appliance Efficiency Database
Forms and Instructions
General Notices and Documents
Also see notices and documents pages in individual proceeding sections.
- General Notices
- General Documents
- Energy Commission vs. U.S. Department of Energy
Petition for Exemption Regarding Water Conservation Standards for Residential Clothes Washers
- Energy Commission Petition to Repeal the Test Method for Television Sets In 10 C.F.R. Part 430 Subpart B
- Informal Proceeding to Decertify Appliance
(Docket # 10-RADB-01)
2009 Appliance Efficiency Regulations
The 2009 Appliance Efficiency Regulations, (California Code of Regulations, Title 20, Sections 1601 through 1608) effective August 9, 2009, were adopted by the California Energy Commission on December 3, 2008, and approved by the California Office of Administrative Law on July 10, 2009. These Appliance Efficiency Regulations replace all previous versions of the regulations.
The Appliance Efficiency Regulations include standards for both federally-regulated appliances and non-federally-regulated appliances. Twenty-one categories of appliances are included in the scope of these regulations. The standards within these regulations apply to appliances that are sold or offered for sale in California, except those sold wholesale in California for final retail sale outside the state and those designed and sold exclusively for use in recreational vehicles or other mobile equipment.
Download 2009 Appliance Efficiency Regulations - Publication Number: CEC-400-2009-013, August 2009
(Acrobat PDF file, 238 pages, 1.9 megabytes).