California Energy Commission
Business Meeting Agenda
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
Wednesday, April 18, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Starting at 10 a.m.
ALSO SEE ADDITION OF SPECIAL MEETING ITEM
ALSO SEE ADDITIONAL MEETING AGENDA ITEM
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the consent calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda).
- LOS RIOS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT. Possible approval of Contract 400-96-009 Amendment 1, to extend the time to provide financial services to assist in providing energy efficiency training to Community Colleges and other interested public sector organizations. The services will include contracting with eligible training subcontractors, and collecting, reviewing and processing invoices for payment.
- ASSOCIATION OF ENERGY ENGINEERS. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-010 for $30,000 to co-sponsor a Mexico Energy Session at the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) Western Energy Management Congress, May 9-10, 2001 in San Diego, California. Contact: Tim Olson, 654-4528. (15 minutes)
- HDR ENGINEERING INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-97-005 Amendment 2, for $78,000 to provide additional technical assistance for water and wastewater facilities throughout the state as they seek to reduce the impact of rising energy prices. Contact: Michael Hartley, 653-6471. (15 minutes)
- UNITED WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-008 for $120,000 for the purchase of an alternative fuel Emergency First Response (fire/rescue) vehicle. Contact: Peter Villanueva, 657-4353. (15 minutes)
- SAN DIEGO REGIONAL ENERGY OFFICE. Possible approval of Contract 400-00-025 Amendment 1, for $360,780 for the AB 970 Cool Roof Retrofit Grant Program being implemented to extend the range of program coverage from San Diego County north to the border of Ventura-Los Angeles Counties (excluding the city of Los Angeles) and west to the Nevada border, helping to assure no potential program participants are excluded from the grant program. Contact: Ray Darby, 654-5074. (15 minutes)
- SACRAMENTO TREE FOUNDATION. Possible approval of Contract 400-00-023 Amendment 1, for $1,063,280 for the AB 970 Cool Roof Retrofit Grant Program being implemented to extend the range of program coverage from Sacramento south to the border of Ventura-Los Angeles Counties (excluding the Sacramento Municipal Utility District), helping to assure no potential program participants are excluded from the grant program. Contact: Ray Darby, 654-5074. (15 minutes)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE ENERGY OFFICIALS (NASEO). Possible approval of Contract 400-00-040 for $518,000 towards the construction of two high energy performance schools, to be constructed consistent with the CHPS criteria. Contact: Al Garcia, 654-4045. (15 minutes)
- ASPEN ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP. Possible approval of Contract 700-99-014 Amendment 1, for $10,000,000 to provide temporary technical assistance to review requests from developers to construct energy facilities in a timely manner. This amendment does not alter the term nor work statement of the original contract. Contact: Sandra Fromm, 654-4206. (15 minutes)
- HUNTINGTON BEACH GENERATING STATION RETOOL PROJECT (00-AFC-13). Consideration and possible adoption of the Presiding Member's Proposed Decision in the 450 megawatt natural gas-fired Huntington Beach Application for Certification (00-AFC-13). Contact: Garret Shean, 653-6421. (15 minutes)
- RIO LINDA/ELVERTA POWER PROJECT. Possible approval of the Executive Director's data adequacy recommendation for the Rio Linda/Elverta Application for Certification. Contact: Lance Shaw, 653-1227. (15 minutes)
- RIO LINDA/ELVERTA POWER PROJECT. Possible approval of a Committee Assignment for the Rio Linda/Elverta Power Project Application for Certification. Contact: Lance Shaw, 653-1227. (5 minutes)
- SOLAR ENERGY AND DISTRIBUTED GENERATION GRANT PROGRAM. Possible approval of the Solar Energy and Distributed Generation Grant Program Guidelines and Notice of Availability ‚ Implementation of Energy Program Legislation (SB 1345). Contact: Melinda Merritt, 654-4536. (15 minutes)
- PACIFIC GAS AND ELECTRIC COMPANY, A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-011 for $475,135 to research Advanced Switches for soft blackouts for the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program. Contact: Gary Klein, 653-8555. (15 minutes)
- RENEWABLE RESOURCES. Potential authorization of a third auction for new renewable resources to encumber funds to be reallocated to the New Renewable Resources Account from other accounts in the Renewable Resource Trust Fund, or from canceled or reduced funding awards from previous auctions, as applicable. Contact: Marwan Masri, 654-4531. (15 minutes)
- RENEWABLE RESOURCES. Possible approval of changes to Volumes 1 and 2A of the Guidebook for the Renewable Energy Program to authorize subsequent auctions under the New Renewable Resources Account, to fund such auctions from unused funding in the Existing Renewable Resources Account, and to implement other clarifying changes in these accounts. Contact: Marwan Masri, 654-4531. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from previous Energy Commission meetings.
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with itslegal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstancesexist that warrant the initiation of litigation [GovernmentCode section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstancesexist that constitute a significant exposure to litigationagainst the Energy Commission [Government Code section11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting andcontinue it later for purposes of a general discussion ofEnergy Commission internal organization and policy. Noaction will be taken at such a continued session. TheEnergy Commission will announce whether it plans to continuethe meeting in this manner and the time and location at theend of one of the Public Comment item.
If you require special accommodations, contact RobertSifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days priorto the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: ClaudiaChandler, Assistant Executive Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meetingshould be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser --(916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commissionoffers an automated e-mail system to alert you aboutBusiness Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe or unsubscribe viae-mail, please go to our site:www.energy.ca.gov/html/listservers.html. Thosesubscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receivingagendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the regular mailinglist, send the mailing label on the envelope to: CaliforniaEnergy Commission, 1516 9th Street, MS 38, Sacramento, CA,95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name beremoved from List 15. Please include the number that islocated on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage| Calendar| Directory/Index| Search |