California Energy Commission
Business Meeting Agenda
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
April 25, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Starting at 10 a.m.
- ALLIANCE DREWS ENERGY FACILITY. Consideration and possible adoption of a Commissioner's Proposed Decision on the Alliance Drews Energy Facility (01-EP-5), a 40 megawatt power plant, applied for under the Energy Commission's emergency Siting Process, Governor's Executive Orders D-26-01 and D-28-01 by Alliance Colton LLC for construction in the city of Colton. Contact: Tom Glaviano, 651-8893. (30 minutes)
- ALLIANCE CENTURY ENERGY FACILITY. Consideration and possible adoption of a Commissioner's Proposed Decision on the Alliance Century Energy Facility (01-EP-4), a 40 megawatt power plant, applied for under the Energy Commission's emergency Siting Process, Governor's Executive Orders D-26-01 and D-28-01 by Alliance Colton LLC for construction in the city of Colton. Contact: Tom Glaviano, 651-8893. (30 minutes)
- PEAK DEMAND REDUCTION PROGRAM. Possible approval of Peak Demand Reduction Program grants as funding becomes available through AB 970, SB 5X and AB 29X. Contact: John Sugar, 654-4147. (15 minutes)
- MUNICIPAL SUMMER PEAK LOAD REDUCTION PROGRAM. Possible approval of four Contracts with municipal utilities totaling $40,000,000 to reduce peak power use by 31.87 megawatts. Contact: Dennis Fukumoto, 653-6222. (15 minutes)
- LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND POWER for $16,000,000 to reduce peak load by 12.75 megawatts.
- SACRAMENTO MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT for $8,000,000 to reduce peak load by 6.37 megawatts.
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA POWER AGENCY for $8,000,000 to reduce peak load by 6.37 megawatts.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC POWER AGENCY for $8,000,000 to reduce peak load by 6.37 megawatts.
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Energy Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of one of the Public Comment item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe or unsubscribe via e-mail, please go to our site: www.energy.ca.gov/html/listservers.html. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the regular mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th Street, MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |