California Energy Commission
Special Business Meeting Agenda
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
Thursday, May 10, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Starting at 10 a.m.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- HANFORD ENERGY PARK PEAKER POWER PLANT PROJECT. Consideration and possible adoption of the Committee’s Proposed Decision recommending certification for the Hanford Energy Park Peaker Project (Docket No. 01-EP-7), a 95 megawatt power plant proposed to be located in Hanford. The Hanford Energy Park Peaker applied for certification under the Energy Commission’s emergency siting program and the Governor’s Executive Orders D-26-01 and D-28-01. Contact: Tom Glaviano, 651-8893. (30 minutes)
- CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP. Possible approval of a change of ownership for the Sunrise Power Project (98-AFC-4C) from Mission Del Sol LLC, a wholly owned affiliate of Edison Mission Energy (100%) to the Sunrise Power Company LLC, consisting of Mission Del Sol LLC (50%) and Texaco Power and Gasification Holdings Inc. (50%). Contact: Nancy Tronaas, 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- MOJAVE DESERT AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (MDAQMD). Possible approval of an air quality amendment for the SEGS 8 (Docket No. 88-AFC-1) and SEGS 9 (Docket No. 89-AFC-1) projects. This amendment will conform the Commission's conditions to the MDAQMD conditions as part of the overall settlement of the Luz bankruptcy proceeding. Also, consideration and possible approval of a settlement agreement in the Luz Development and Finance Corporation bankruptcy, Case No. LA 91-99997-AA. Contact: Jeff Ogata, 654-3963. (15 minutes) (THIS IS A CARRY-OVER FROM THE MAY 2, 2001 BUSINESS MEETING)
- HUNTINGTON BEACH GENERATING STATION RETOOL PROJECT (00-AFC-13). Consideration and possible adoption of the Presiding Member’s Proposed Decision in the 450 megawatt natural gas-fired Huntington Beach Application for Certification. Contact: Garret Shean, 653-6421. (15 minutes) (THIS IS A CARRY-OVER FROM THE APRIL 25, 2001 BUSINESS MEETING)
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Energy Commission internal organization and policy. No action will b e taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of one of the Public Comment item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe or unsubscribe via e-mail, please go to our site: www.energy.ca.gov/html/listservers.html. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the regular mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th Street, MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail email@example.com and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |