California Energy Commission
Business Meeting Agenda
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
Wednesday, September 5, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Starting at 10 a.m.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- WEST GROUP. Possible approval of Contract 140-01-002 for $18,563 for the subscription to the Westlaw Legal Research service. Contact: Jeff Ogata, (916) 654-3963. (15 minutes)
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT (98-AFC-4C). Possible approval of a Petition to amend the certification of this project to expand the existing simple-cycle power plant to a combined-cycle power plant. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- RESIDENTIAL MANUAL. Consideration and possible approval of the Residential Energy Conservation Manual for the 2001 (AB 970) Building Energy Efficiency Standards. Contact: Jon Leber, (916) 654-4012. (15 minutes)
- RESIDENTIAL BUILDING ENERGY EFICIENCY STANDARDS. Commission consideration and possible approval of the public domain computer program CALRES2 Version 1.4 effective August 22, 2001 for use in complying with the 2001 (AB 970) Residential Building Efficiency Standards. Also effective August 22, 2001, decertification and rescission of approval of CALRES2 Version 1.35 for use in complying with the Residential Building Efficiency Standards. Contact: Robert Hudler, (916) 654-4072. (15 minutes)
- AB 970 ENERGY TRENDS REPORT. Commission consideration and possible adoption of the California Energy Outlook: AB 970 Electricity and Natural Trends Report. The report responds to AB 970 requirements specified in Section 25553 of the Public Resources Code. The report presents energy supply and demand trends of the past decade, an overview of expected developments for this year and a long-term demand outlook through 2010. Contact: Al Alvarado, (916) 654-4749. (15 minutes)
- CHULA VISTA PEAKER PROJECT. Consideration and possible issuance of an order declaring the Chula Vista Generating Station Peaker Project certification (Docket No. 01-EP-3) forfeited due to noncompliance with the Condition of Certification requiring the project to be operational by September 30, 2001. This item is based upon the Order to Show Cause issued to RAMCO, Inc,. the project developer, by the Energy Commission at the August 22, 2001 Business Meeting. Contact: Jeff Ogata, (916) 654-3963. (30 minutes)
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Energy Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of one of the Public Comment item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe or unsubscribe via e-mail, please go to our site: www.energy.ca.gov/html/listservers.html. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the regular mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th Street, MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail email@example.com and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |