California Energy Commission
Business Meeting Agenda
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
BUSINESS MEEETING CANCELLED
Wednesday, September 12, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
9 a.m.1 p.m.
ALSO SEE AGENDA ADDENDUM ADDED August 31, 2001
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT. (98-AFC-4C). Possible approval of a Petition to amend the certification of this project to expand the existing simple-cycle power plant to a combined-cycle power plant. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- MODESTO IRRIGATION DISTRICT, WOODLAND II PROJECT (Docket No. 01-SPPE-1). Consideration and possible adoption of the Presiding Member's Proposed Decision in the 80 megawatt natural gas-fired Modesto Irrigation District Application for a Small Power Plant Exemption. The plant is located in Modesto on the existing plant site. Contact: Garret Shean, (916) 653-6421. (15 minutes)
- METCALF ENERGY CENTER. Commission Consideration and possible approval of the Committee's Revised Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (August 24, 2001) for the Metcalf Energy Center (Docket No. 99-AFC-3). The Commission will consider whether to adopt, reject, or modify the Committee's recommendation.
Contact: Stanley Valkosky, (916) 654-3893. (3 hours)
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 8.
If you require special accommodations, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe or unsubscribe via e-mail, please go to our site: www.energy.ca.gov/html/listservers.html. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the regular mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th Street, MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail email@example.com and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |