California Energy Commission
Wednesday, October 3, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the consent calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda.)
- SEAWEST WINDPOWER, INC. Possible approval of a request by Seawest Windpower, Inc. to assign its funding awards under Notice of Auctions 500-97-506 and 500-00-504 for the Alexander 1 through 4 and Catellus 6 wind projects (5 total projects) to Mountain View Power Partners II, LLC.
- AFS TRINITY POWER CORPORATION. Possible approval of Contract 500-98-036 Amendment 1, to change the language in the contract to reflect the merger of AFS and Trinity Flywheel Power.
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD. Possible approval of a Partnership Agreement to provide staff resources to work on energy efficient and environmentally sound transportation improvements in California.
- ENERGY COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM GRANT. Possible approval of a $9,999 grant award to the Fair Housing Council of Riverside County, Inc.
- OTAY MESA GENERATING PROJECT. Possible approval of a Petition to change ownership of Otay Mesa Generating Company, LLC, from PG&E Generating to Calpine Corporation. The project was certified on April 18, 2001.
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT (98-AFC-4C). Possible approval of a Petition to amend the certification of this project to expand the existing simple-cycle power plant to a combined-cycle power plant. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- VALERO CO-GENERATION PROJECT (01-AFC-5). Commission consideration and possible adoption of the Presiding Member's Proposed Decision for the Valero Co-Generation Project. This is a 4-month, 102-megawatt power plant located in the city of Benicia in Solano County. Contact: Garret Shean, (916) 653-6421. (15 minutes)
- TRACY PEAKER PROJECT. Commission consideration of the Executive Director's Data Adequacy Recommendation for the Tracy Peaker Project Application for Certification. This is a 4-month, 169-megawatt power plant located right outside the city of Tracy (Docket No. 01-AFC-16). Contact: Cheri Davis, (916) 657-4394. (15 minutes)
- TRACY PEAKER PROJECT. Possible approval of a Committee for the Tracy Peaker Project Application for Certification (Docket No. 01-AFC-16). Contact: Cheri Davis, (916) 657-4394. (5 minutes)
- LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY. Possible approval of Contract 400-00-020 Amendment 1, for $300,000 to expand the testing of fume hoods to include industrial laboratories. Potential industrial users interested in reducing the cost of operating the fume hoods have made it possible to expedite the testing at industrial sites. Contract: Pramod Kulkarni, (916) 654-4637. (15 minutes)
- PUBLIC INTEREST ENERGY RESEARCH PROGRAM (PIER). Possible approval of a 3-year contract to provide technical support to the PIER Program. These three similar contracts will provide expertise covering 84 areas of energy science and technology which are (or may become) PIER research, development and demonstration projects. Contact: Alec Jenkins, (916) 654-4597. (15 minutes)
- ICF ASSOCIATES, INC. Contract 500-01-006 for $3,600,000.
- SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (SAIC). Contract 500-01-007 for $3,600,000.
- ARTHUR D. LITTLE, INC. Contract 500-01-008 for $3,600,000.
- ENERGY CONSERVATION ASSISTANCE ACT LOAN. Possible approval of three loans for converting existing incandescent traffic signals to those using light emitting diodes. Contact: Merry Bronson, (916) 654-4104. (15 minutes)
- CITY OF NAPA. Loan amount: $42,353; Annual cost savings: $20,800; Peak load reduced: 15 kW.
- CITY OF CULVER. Loan amount: $403,000; Annual cost savings: $98,300; Peak load reduced: 90kW.
- COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE. Loan amount: $614,300; Annual cost savings: $267,000; Peak load reduced: 260 kW.
- RECONCILIATION OF RETAILER CLAIMS, 2000 REPORT. Possible approval of the SB 1305 (Public Utilities Code Section 398.5(e)) report, "Reconciliation of Retailer Claims, 2000," which requires the Energy Commission to annually prepare and submit a report to the California Public Utilities Commission about retail power source claims made to consumers. The Draft Report is available via the Commission's Web site or by contacting Drake Johnson. Contact: Drake Johnson, (916) 653-5898. (15 minutes)
- NATURAL GAS INFRASTRUCTURE ISSUES REPORT. Proposed adoption of the Electricity and Natural Gas Committee's Revised Draft Final Report on Natural Gas Infrastructure Issues. Contact: Melissa Jones, (916) 654-3794. (30 minutes)
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters. [Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 15.
If you require special accommodations, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site:
. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission website -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |