California Energy CommissionPlease note that audio from this
Special Business Meeting
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
MONDAY, November 19, 2001
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 9 a.m.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT (98-AFC-4C). Petition to convert the existing 320-megawatt simple-cycle power plant to a nominal 585-megawatt combined-cycle power plant. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT (98-AFC-4C). Petition to extend simple-cycle operations to December 31, 2003. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- CALPINE GILROY EMERGENCY PEAKER PROJECT (01-EP-08). Commission consideration of a petition by Calpine to amend the decision in order to construct and operate a 1.7 mile natural gas pipeline reinforcement system along the existing rights-of-way of Frazier Lake Road and Highway 152. Contact: Christian Huntley, (818) 292-2327. (15 minutes)
- METCALF ENERGY CENTER. Energy Commission consideration of a Petition for Reconsideration filed by Santa Teresa Citizen Action Group, City of Morgan Hill, Great Oaks Water Company, Demand Clean Air and Californians for Renewable Energy. Contact: William Chamberlain, (916) 654-3951. (30 minutes)
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of the last numbered item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Betty LaFranchi at (916) 654-5204, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site:
. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |