California Energy Commission
Please note that audio from this
and future Business Meetings are
broadcast over the Internet
using Real Audio technology.
WEDNESDAY, January 23, 2002
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 10 a.m.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda).
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIP. Possible approval of a co-sponsorship request for which the Energy Commission will provide financial support, the participation of key speakers, provide guidance in the selection of speakers, permit the use of its name, plus staff time for a speaker, and include promotional materials with regularly scheduled mailings.
- The Haagen-Smit Symposium 2002 "Electricity Power Implications for Air Quality, Health and climate Change, April 9-12, 2002, UCLA Conference Center, Lake Arrowhead, California.
- CITY OF VERNON - MALBURG GENERATING STATION PROJECT. Commission consideration of the Executive Director's Data Adequacy Recommendation for the city of Vernon - Malburg Generating Station Project Application for Certification. This is a 6-month, 134-megawatt combined cycle located in the city of Vernon. (Docket No. 01-AFC-25). Contact: Bill Pfanner, (916) 654-4206. (15 minutes)
- CITY OF VERNON - MALBURG GENERATING STATION PROJECT. Possible approval of a Committee for the city of Vernon - Malburg Generating Station Project Application for Certification (Docket No. 01-AFC-25). Contact: Bill Pfanner, (916) 654-4206. (5 minutes)
- SUBPOENA FOR INDEPENDENT SYSTEM OPERATOR DATA. Possible approval of a subpoena to the California Independent System Operator (ISO) for hourly operating data for the Potrero and Hunters Point power plants, for scheduled plant outages through December 2002, and for access to the ISO’s scheduling log data, known as SLIC. Contact: Adam Pan, (916) 654-5131. (15 minutes)
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, CHICO RESEARCH FOUNDATION. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-018 Amendment 1, to add time to the contract and revise the work scope for development and testing of substation and power plant protection systems and load reduction switches. Contact: Mark Rawson, (916) 654-4671. (15 minutes)
- REGENTS, DAVIS. Possible approval of Contract 500-01-017 for $1,000,000 to provide internship support for students in the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program for a period of five years. Contact: Gary Klein, (916) 653-8555. (15 minutes)
- LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY. Possible approval of Contract 200-01-021 for $1,970,000 to develop colored cool roofing materials. Contact: Chris Scruton, (916) 653-0948. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from previous Energy Commission meetings.
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Energy Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Discussion of Committee Structure
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Energy Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 14.
If you require special accommodations, contact Betty LaFranchi at (916) 654-5204, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission
offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about
Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via
e-mail, please go to our site:
subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving
agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing
list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California
Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA,
95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name be
removed from List 15. Please include the number that is
located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Search |