California Energy Commission
Wednesday, April 17, 2002
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 10 a.m.
Note: Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO BE HEARD - Posted 4/9/2002
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIP. Possible approval of a co-sponsorship request for which the Energy Commission will lend its name, include promotional material with regularly scheduled mailings and possible provide financial support.
- North American Urban Heat Island Summit, May 1-4, 2002, Toronto, Canada.
- MORRO BAY. Commission consideration of Intervenor Coastal Alliance on Plant Expansion (CAPE) Petition for Review of a Morro Bay AFC Committee Order denying CAPE's Request for Subpoena. Contact: Gary Fay, (916) 654-3965. (20 minutes)
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY STANDARDS. Commission consideration and possible adoption of amendments to the Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part 6) related to cloth back rubber adhesive duct tapes used for field fabricated duct systems in low-rise residential buildings. Contact: Valerie Hall, (916) 654-4064. (30 minutes)
- LOCAL JURISDICTION ENERGY ASSISTANCE LOAN ACCOUNT (ENERGY PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM). Possible approval of a $300,000 loan to the city of Garden Grove for the installation of energy efficient lighting. This project is estimated to save the city about $35,294 in reduced electricity costs and an estimated peak load reduction of 28.8 kilowatts. Contact: Maura Clark, (916) 653-6231. (15 minutes)
- FUEL INFRASTRUCTURE GRANT PROGRAM. Possible approval of eleven alternative fuel infrastructure grants as a result of the January 2002 Program Opportunity Notice. The total funding grant is $813,063. Contact: Alan Argentine, (916) 654-4689. (15 minutes)
- CLEAN POWER RESEARCH. Possible approval of Contract 500-01-029 for $49,500 to add an efficiency module to the Clean Power Estimator Software. Contact: Elaine Sison-Lebrilla, (916) 654-4412. (15 minutes)
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. Possible approval of Contract 700-01-104 Amendment 1, for $180,000 to extend the term that funds multiple land use planning demonstration projects using PLACE3S. PLACE3S is a method that was developed to provide comparative impact information of various land use strategies for urban and regional land use planning. Contact: Sue Kately, (916) 657-4245. (15 minutes)
- LAURITS R. CHRISTENSEN ASSOCIATES INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-01-029 for $398,875 to evaluate the Real-Time Meter installation program. Contact: David Hungerford, (916) 654-4906. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from previous Energy Commission meetings.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Energy Commission may recess the meeting and continue it
later for purposes of a general discussion of internal
organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a
continued session. The Energy Commission will announce
whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and
the time and location at the end of the last numbered item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Betty
LaFranchi at (916) 654-5204, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia
Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should
be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916)
654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Search |