California Energy Commission
WEDNESDAY, September 11, 2002
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM. Possible approval of Environmental and energy Infrastructure and Licensing Committee recommendation to extend conditional funding awards under the New Renewable Resources Account, pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 383.5(c)(2)(B), for the following projects:
- Mark Technologies Corporation Alta Mesa Phase IV Wind Project, 25.2-megawatt, Riverside County, $5,470,000, on-line date December 31, 2003.
- CalWind Resources Incorporated Wind Project, 8.58-megawatt, Tehachapi, $1,852,200, on-line date December 31, 2003.
- Wheelabrator Shasta Biomass Project, 3.8-megawatt, $2,154,600, near Anderson, on-line date July 1, 2002.
- County of Santa Cruz Buena Vista Landfill, 1.97-megawatt, $767,000, Santa Cruz County, on-line date August 1, 2003.
- RUSSELL CITY ENERGY CENTER (01-AFC-07). Commission consideration and possible adoption of the Russell City Energy Center AFC Committee's Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (PMPD) and the accompanying Errata. Contact: Gary Fay, (916) 654-3965. (15 minutes)
- INTEGRATED ENERGY POLICY REPORT. Possible approval to open an Order Instituting Informational Proceeding and Establishment of an Oversight Committee consistent with Public Resources Code Sections 25300-25307 to cover Electricity and Natural Gas Markets, Transportation Fuels, Energy Efficiency, Renewable Technologies and Public Interest Energy Research. Report to be sent to the Governor and Legislature in Fall, 2003. Contact: Karen Griffin, (916) 654-4833. (15 minutes)
- DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, LAWRENCE BERKELEY NATIONAL LABORATORY. Possible approval of Contract 150-99-003 Amendment 1, for $2,010,000 to conduct follow-on research on microgrid concepts and demand responsiveness. (PIER funded) Contact: Laurie ten Hope, (916) 654-5045. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from August 14, 2002, August 28, 2002 and possible previous Energy Commission meetings.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 10.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free (888) 823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, answer "Business Meeting, Mr. Jerome Lee" and that will get you right into the meeting.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site [www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/]. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [email@example.com] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |