California Energy Commission
Wednesday, December 11, 2002
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM. Possible approval of Renewables Committee recommendation to extend conditional funding awards under the New Renewable Resources Account, pursuant to Public Utilities Code section 383.5(c)(2)(B), for the following projects:
- Energy Unlimited, Inc. Wind Project, 16.9-megawatts, Riverside County, $2,260,486.02, on-line date June 30, 2003.
- FPL Energy, LLC High Winds Project, 70-megawatts, Solano County, $9,781,200, on-line date June 30, 2003.
- SOLATUBE INTERNATIONAL, INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-01-012 Amendment 2, to extend the term of the contract to March 31, 2004 and modify the work statement to allow public schools to participate in the program.
- XENERGY, INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-00-050 Amendment 3, to increase the administrative portion of the contract budget from 12 and 1/2 percent to 15 percent with no change in total contract costs.
- QUANTUM CONSULTING, INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-01-013 Amendment 1, to extend the term of the contract to August 1, 2003, to allow the contractor to complete the remaining work.
- CALIFORNIA ENERGY GENERAL CORPORATION. Consideration and possible approval of a change in business name for Funding Award Agreement REN-98-018 from California Energy General Corporation to CPN Telephone Flat, Inc., and a corresponding transfer of the award.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, LAWRENCE LIVERMORE NATIONAL LABORATORY. Possible approval to correct a typographical error made on Contract 500-02-003 on the July 10, 2002 Business Meeting Item 10. The monetary amount listed was $1,995,038 but should have been $1,999,017. All back-up materials reflected the correct amount of money.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, LAWRENCE LIVERMORE NATIONAL LABORATORY. Possible approval of an 11-month contract amendment to Contract # 500-00-021 for a no-cost time extension.
- ORDER REQUIRING REPORTS. Possible approval of an Order requiring major oil storers, as defined in the California Code of Regulations, title 20, section 1963, to report on production capacity, inventories, receipts and distributions, and methods of transportation of receipts and distributions on a weekly basis. Furthermore, the Energy Commission directs the Executive Director to specify the format of these reports and provide forms or other instruments to facilitate their filing. Contact: Sue Kateley, (916) 657-4245. (15 minutes)
- PASTORIA ENERGY FACILITY (99-AFC-7C). Possible approval of a peitition to eliminate the cooling tower passive plume abatement system and to modify visual resources Condition of Certification VIS-7. Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (15 minutes)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC POWER AUTHORITY (SCPPA). Possible approval of Contract 400-01-004 Amendment 2, to augment the budget by $68,900 and extend the time by six months to enable the contractor to install approximately 50 additional real time interval meters in customer facilities having electric demands greater than 200-kilowatts. Contact: Donald Kazama, (916) 654-5072. (15 minutes)
- COOLSMART LLC. Possible approval of Contract 400-02-006 for $99,000 to demonstrate a new energy-efficient air conditioning system in a commercial retail store. Contact: Don Aumann, (916) 654-4588. (15 minutes)
- RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-010 for $300,000 for collaborative research in the National Lighting Product Information Program. Contact: Don Aumann, (916) 654-4588. (15 minutes)
- INLAND EMPIRE UTILITIES AGENCY. Possible approval of Contract 400-02-005 for $3,000,000 to provide part of the funds to construct two demonstration digesters to use dairy manure to produce methane gas to be used to produce 750-kilowatts of power to be used at the Inland Empire Utilities Agency's Regional Plant Number 5. Contact: Wendell Bakken, (916) 654-4042. (15 minutes)
- ICF ASSOCIATES, INCORPORATED. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-041 Amendment 1, to augment the contract with $250,000 from the Consumer Education Account funds, extend the contract term to December 31, 2003 and realign the budget line items. Contact: Ann Peterson, (916) 653-4246. (15 minutes)
- INTER-CON SECURITY. Possible approval of Contract 200-02-004 for $260,000 to provide 24-hour unarmed security for the California Energy Commission building located at 1516 9th Street in Sacramento through June 30, 2004. Contact: Claude Heiney, (916) 654-5385. (15 minutes)
- BEVILACQUA-KNIGHT INC. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-011 for $414,717 to advance residential retro-commissioning. Contact: Chris Scruton, (916) 653-0948. (15 minutes)
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Possible approval of Contract 600-01-062 Amendment 1, by augmenting the Air District's funding by $300,000. This fund will be used to provide incentives of up to $3,050 for efficient gasoline and alternative fuel vehicles and information to private individuals and fleets. Ford will provide in-kind outreach and education campaign to dealers and consumers to introduce the program. The amended contract total is $2,300,000. Contact: Irene Salazar, (916) 657-4046. (15 minutes)
- AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. Possible approval of Contract 600-01-063 Amendment 1, by augmenting the Air District's funding by $300,000. This fund will be used to provide incentives of up to $3,050 for efficient gasoline and alternative fuel vehicles and information to private individuals and fleets. American Honda Motor Company will provide in-kind outreach and education campaign to dealers and consumers to introduce the program. The amended contract total is $2,300,000. Contact: Irene Salazar, (916) 657-4046. (15 minutes)
- ENERGY CONSERVATION ASSISTANCE ACT LOAN ACCOUNT. Possible approval of a loan to the Murietta Valley Unified School District for $1,935,300 to install a 60-kW microturbine cogeneration system at the high school, new lights and lighting controls in all the schools, new heat pump systems on all the portable classrooms and a central energy management system control for the entire school district.
Contact: Joseph Wang, (916) 654-4026. (15 minutes)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA DAVIS. Possible approval to add up to $270,000 and extend for one year (to December 31, 2003) the existing Interagency Agreement with the University of California/Davis for student interns to provide support for electric and natural gas forecasting and demand analysis. Contact: Leigh Stamets, (916) 654-4510. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from November 20, 2002.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 20.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Search |