California Energy Commission
Wednesday, February 19, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIPS. Possible approval of two co-sponsorship requests for which the Energy Commission might provide the participation of key speakers, provide guidance in the selection of speakers, permit the use of its name, plus staff time for a speaker and include promotional materials with regularly scheduled mailings.
- The 24th Annual Utility Energy Forum, May 7-9, 2003, Granlibakken Conference Center, Lake Tahoe.
- The 4th Annual World Truck Conference, March 2-4, 2003, Monterey, California.
- Consideration and possible approval to convert a 1988 Geothermal Program contingent award to Modoc Joint Unified School District into a grant.
- ENERGY INNOVATIONS SMALL GRANT PROGRAM. Possible approval of twelve grant projects from the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) program funding for $899,838. Contact: Alec Jenkins, (916) 654-4597. (15 minutes)
- GUIDELINES FOR THE RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM. Possible adoption of proposed guidelines for the continuation of the Renewable Energy Program (REP) under SB 1038. These guidelines are comprised of four separate guidebooks and include the Overall Program Guidebook for the REP, The Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Emerging Renewable Program Guidebook and the Consumer Education Program Guidebook. Contact: Tim Tutt, (916) 654-4590. (15 minutes)
- STATE PERSONNEL BOARD. Possible approval of Contract 200-02-001 Amendment 1, for $134,200 to amend the current contract to include additional funds for testing and validation of the Commission's technical classifications, (i.e., Planner series, Energy Commission Specialist and supervisory (all parentheticals), Office Manager series and Deputy Division Chief class and to extend the contract to June 30, 2004 to testing and validation services. Contact: Lou Quiroz, (916) 654-5146. (15 minutes)
- NAVIGANT CONSULTING, INC. Possible approval of sole source Contract 500-02-019 for $894,684 for distributed energy resource technology research needs assessments, technology development opportunity identification and related analysis to support the ESI DERI. Contact: Mark Rawson, (916) 654-4671. (15 minutes)
- REVENUE BONDS. Commission consideration and possible approval for the Energy Commission to enter in to agreements necessary to complete the sale of a Revenue Bond, not to exceed $30 million, through the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. The Bond would provide funds for the Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account for loans to qualifying local agencies. Contact: Daryl Mills, (916) 654-5070. (30 minutes)
- ENERGY CONSERVATION ASSISTANCE ACT ACCOUNT. Possible approval of a $1,704,391 loan to the California Department of Mental Health to install premium efficiency motors, energy efficient lights, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) on motors, boiler improvements, boiler blow-down heat recover and Energy Management System (EMS) upgrades at the Napa State Hospital. This project is estimated to save about $207,000 annually in reduced energy costs and has a simple payback of 8.2 years. Contact: Ram Verma, (916) 654-8435. (15 minutes)
- ORDER INSTITUTING RULEMAKING. Consideration and possible adoption of an Order Instituting Rulemaking to adopt new reporting requirements to reflect changes to the law made by SB 1962 (chapter 288, statutes of 2000) and to amend existing regulations that implement the Petroleum Industry Information Reporting Act (Pub. Resources Code §25350 et seq.). Contact: Sue Kateley, (916) 657-4245. (20 minutes)
- REPORTING REQUIREMENTS. Consideration and possible adoption of an Order requiring refiners, major oil storers, transporters and terminal operators, as defined, in part, by the California Code of Regulations, title 20, section 1363, to report on production capacity, inventories, receipts and distributions and methods of transportation of receipts and distributions, on a weekly and monthly basis. Further, the Commission delegates oversight of the new reporting requirements to the Transportation Committee of the Commission. The Commission directs its Executive Director to follow the process outlined for specifying the format of these reports and providing forms or other instruments to facilitate their filing set forth in the California Code of Regulations, title 20, §1367. Contact: Sue Kateley, (916) 657-4245. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from February 5, 2003.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter
concerning the Energy Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 15.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia
Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should
be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916)
654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission
offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about
Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe
via e-mail, please go to our site [www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/].
Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue
receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name
from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the
envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th
St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your
name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org]
and request that your name be removed from List 15.
Please include the number that is located on the upper
left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page
| Search |