California Energy Commission
Wednesday, April 16, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIP. Possible approval of a co-sponsorship request for which the Energy Commission might provide the participation of key speakers, provide guidance in the selection of speakers, provide $5,000 contingent upon approval of the 2003/04 Fiscal Year budget, permit the use of its name, plus staff time for a speaker and include promotional materials with regularly scheduled mailings.
International Energy Program Evaluation Conference, August 18-24, 2003, Seattle, Washington.
- MOSS LANDING POWER PROJECT (99-AFC-4C). Possible approval of a petition to modify air quality conditions of certification to exclude shutdown periods of no more than two hours from mass emissions limitations and provide for new emissions limitations during the shutdown process.
- SUNRISE POWER PROJECT (98-AFC-4C). Possible approval of petitions to modify air quality conditions of certification to clarify emission monitoring requirements, and to allow for temporary emission increases during the commissioning phase during spring 2003.
- ENERGY CONSERVATION ASSISTANCE ACT ACCOUNT. Possible approval of a loan to the Marin County Department of Public Works for $198,152 to install an 80-kilowatt photovoltaic solar system. Contact: Joseph Wang, (916) 654-4026. (15 minutes)
- NET SYSTEM POWER REPORT. Possible approval of the 2002 Net System Power Report for use in the power content label required by SB 1305. Contact: Adam Pan, (916) 654-5131. (15 minutes)
- ARCHITECTURAL ENERGY CORPORATION. Possible approval of Contract 500-01-041 Amendment 1, to shift $199,951 from Architectural Energy Corporation to Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, both of which are parties to the multi-party contract. Contact: Don Aumann, (916) 654-4588. (15 minutes)
- NAVIGANT CONSULTING, INC. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-019 for $894,684 for a 3-year sole source contract for Distributed Energy Resource technology research needs assessments, technology development opportunity identification and related analysis to support the PIER-ESI Program. (PIER) funded)
Contact: Mark Rawson, (916) 654-4671. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from April 2, 2003.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter
concerning the Energy Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 15.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia
Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should
be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916)
654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission
offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about
Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe
via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/.
Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue
receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name
from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the
envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th
St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your
name be deleted or e-mail [email@example.com]
and request that your name be removed from List 15.
Please include the number that is located on the upper
left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page
| Search |