California Energy Commission
Wednesday, April 30, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
Also see addendum to this meeting.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- LA PALOMA GENERATING PROJECT (98-AFC-2C). Possible approval of a petition to reduce PM10 emission limits for the gas turbines based on the outcome of initial source tests.
- DELTA ENERGY CENTER PROJECT (98-AFC-3C). Consideration and possible approval of a petition to modify several Air Quality Conditions in the Commission Decision for the Delta Energy Center Project to reflect the lower annual emission limits achieved during plant operation.
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS. Possible approval of Work Authorization #WA-005 under the PIER Research Agreement 500-02-004 with the University of California at Davis/Kearney Foundation of Soil Science to study the carbon sequestration opportunities in agricultural soils in a California county. This project shall not exceed $250,000.
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, RIVERSIDE. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-032 Amendment 1, for a no cost time extension to develop the methodologies to evaluate air quality impacts using the existing population of back-up generators (BUGs). The extension is requested to accommodate additional emissions testing of BUGs requested and funded by the California Air Resources Board. (PIER funded)
- RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM. Possible approval of Renewables Committee revisions to the Guidebook for the Renewable Energy Program, Volume 4 - Customer Credit Subaccount to allow remaining SB 90 funds that were allocated to the Customer Credit Subaccount, but not yet used, to be paid to registered renewable providers for activity in 2002 and early 2003. Contact: Rasa Keanini, (916) 654-5379. (15 minutes)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS. Possible approval of Contract 500-00-029 Amendment 1, for $207,882, to extend the term of the Contract to December 31, 2003, for the California Wind Energy Consortium to continue to operate through December 31, 2003 and to complete additional and expanded tasks. (PIER funded) Contact: Mike Kane, (916) 654-7119. (15 minutes)
- CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD. Possible approval of Contract 600-02-008 for $40,000 to conduct a joint study to identify the effects of higher fuel economy on California driving patterns. (PIER funded) Contact: Chris Kavalec, (916) 654-5184. (15 minutes)
- DRAFT ENERGY ACTION PLAN. The Energy Commission will consider adopting the April 16, 2003 Draft Energy Action Plan. This plan was created jointly by the California Public Utilities Commission, the California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority and the Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission (Energy Commission). For additional information visit the Energy Commission's web site at:
Contact: Thom Kelly, (916) 651-9580. (1 hour)
Approval of Minutes from April 16, 2003.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 11.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site [www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/]. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [email@example.com] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page
| Search |