California Energy Commission
SPECIAL Business Meeting
Tuesday, May 20, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
Saving Electricity In a Hurry: A Proposal for a New IEA Activity Conference, June 19-20, 2003, Paris, France.
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIP. Possible approval of a co-sponsorship request for which the Energy Commission might provide the participation of key speakers, provide guidance in the selection of speakers, permit the use of its name, plus staff time for a speaker and include promotional materials with regularly scheduled mailings.
- MALBURG GENERATING STATION. Possible approval of the Presiding MemberŐs Proposed Decision (PMPD) recommending certification of the proposed 134-megawatt Malburg Generating Station sponsored by the city of Vernon. Docket No. 01-AFC-25 Contact: Susan Gefter, (916) 654-3893. (15 minutes)
- ENERGY CONSERVATION ASSISTANCE ACT ACCOUNT. Possible approval of a $250,000 loan to the county of Mendocino to install energy efficient lights and HVAC upgrades in the County buildings. This project is estimated to save about $29,875 annually in reduced energy costs and has a simple payback of 8.4 years. (Bond funded) Contact: Ram Verma, (916) 654-8435. (15 minutes)
- STATE FLEET FUEL EFFICIENCY REPORT. Possible adoption of the California State Fleet Fuel Efficiency Report, Volume 1 as required by Senate Bill 1170 (Sher, Chapter 912, Statutes 20001). Contact: Peter Ward, (916) 654-4639. (15 minutes)
- DAVIS ENERGY GROUP, INC. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-026 for $279,083 to integrate a night cooling technology with the air handler and distribution system common to most households. Products developed in the contract will reduce peak loads attributable to residential air conditioning in California. (PIER funded) Contact: Philip Spartz, (916) 654-4592. (15 minutes)
- NATIONAL ENERGY TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY (USDOE). Possible approval of Contract 500-02-025 for $999,696 to demonstrate an Advanced Vortex Combustor that produces 3-ppmv or less NOX emissions without after treatment. (PIER-EPAG funded) Contact: Avtar Bining, (916) 657-2002. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from April 30, 2003.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter
concerning the Energy Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 12.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia
Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should
be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916)
654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission
offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about
Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe
via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/.
Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue
receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name
from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the
envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th
St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your
name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org]
and request that your name be removed from List 15.
Please include the number that is located on the upper
left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page
| Search |