California Energy Commission
Wednesday, June 25, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see our page at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- COMMISSION CO-SPONSORSHIP. Possible approval of a co-sponsorship request for which the Energy Commission might provide the use of its name, staff time for review of the competition problems, support materials and judging of the entrants.
- Leading Edge Student Design Competition, Fall School Semester, College of the Desert, Palm Desert, California.
- GE GLOBAL RESEARCH. Possible approval of Contract 500-01-022 Amendment 1, to assign a novation of an Integrated Distributed Power System using a PEM Fuel Cell and an Autothermal Cyclic Reformer from GE Energy and Environmental Research Corporation (GEEER) to GE Global Research (GEGR).
- EAST ALTAMONT ENERGY CENTER. Consideration and possible approval of the Revised Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (RPMPD) on the Application for Certification for the East Altamont Energy Center. Docket No. 01-ARC-4) Contact: Major Williams, (916) 651-2020. (15 minutes)
- APPLIANCE EFFICIENCY - NON-EMERGENCY RULEMAKING (Docket No. 03-APPL-01). Possible re-adoption of regulations, adopted on an emergency basis on March 19, 2003 in response to litigation in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute v. Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, E.D. Cal. No. CIV S 02-2437 WBS PAN. Contact: Jonathan Blees, JBlees@energy.state.ca.us. (15 minutes)
- ORDER INSTITUTING RULEMAKING. Possible adoption of an Order Instituting a Rulemaking proceeding on the Commission's Appliance Efficiency Regulations. The rulemaking proceeding would consider adding efficiency standards for appliances currently not covered by the regulations and making other substantive and procedural changes. Contact: Michael Martin, (916) 654-4039. (15 minutes)
- INTERNATIONAL ENERGY FUND (IEF). Possible approval of the top 10 IEF proposals in the pre-investment funding for selected California companies to implement energy projects in foreign countries (primarily Asia and Latin America) for a maximum of $25,000 per project. Contact: Jason Sterling, (916) 654-4642. (15 minutes)
- ITRON, INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-02-011 for $72,470 to determine what models of regulated appliances are being offered for sale in California and whether the performance of these models has been certified by the manufacturer and submitted to the California Energy Commission. (ERPA funded) Contact: Michael Martin, (916) 654-4039. (15 minutes)
- PORTLAND ENERGY CONSERVATION INC. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-030 for $110,000 for collaborative research in the California Commissioning Collaborative. (PIER funded) Contact: Martha Brook, (916) 654-4086. (15 minutes)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT/CIEE. Possible approval of Contract 500-02-004 Amendment 1, by adding $5,000,000 and two years to the contract which will allow for the funding of projects that last more than 30 months. (PIER funded) Contact: Gary Klein, (916) 653-8555. (15 minutes)
- ELECTRICITY INNOVATION INSTITUTE (E2I). Possible approval of Contract 500-02-014 Amendment 1, to add $8,000,000 and two years to conduct collaborative research, development and demonstration projects on behalf of the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) program. (PIER funded) Contact: Gary Klein, (916) 653-8555. (15 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from the June 11, 2003 meeting.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 15.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site [www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/]. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- [ www.energy.ca.gov ]