California Energy Commission
Wednesday, August 20, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- CALIFORNIA CONSERVATION CORPS. Possible approval of Contract 200-03-005 for $23,328 to provide support services for the Resources Agency. Contact: Mark Hutchison, 916-654-4718.
- FPL ENERGY, LLC WIND RIDGE PROJECT. Possible approval of a correction to the funding award extension end date, from December 31, 2008 to July 2, 2008, for FPLÕs 30 megawatt Wind Ridge Project in Kern County. Contact: Suzanne Korosec, 916-654-4516.
- OTAY MESA GENERATING COMPANY, LLC. Possible approval of a request from Calpine Corporation to revise the Condition of Certification NOISE 6 for the Otay Mesa Generating Project (99-AFC-5C) to reflect an increase in the ambient noise level. Contact: Ila Lewis, 916-654-4678.
- XENERGY, INC. Possible approval of Contract 400-00-062, Amendment 2, a six-month, no-cost time extension to give the contractor additional time to provide technical assistance to customers interested in signing up for the critical peak pricing rate recently adopted by the CPUC. Delays in the new tariff have moved its start date from June 1, 2003 to August 30, 2003. Contact: Mike Messenger, 916-654-4774.
- RENEWABLE ENERGY PROGRAM. Possible approval of the following funding award agreements under the New Renewable Resources Account:
- NEO Corporation Colton Landfill Gas Project, 2.5 MW, conditional funding award $300,809.09, on-line date 4-18-03;
- NEO Corporation Mid-Valley Landfill Gas Project, 3.8 MW, conditional funding award $601,618.19, on-line date 4-18-03;
- NEO Corporation Milliken Landfill Gas Project, 5.0 MW, conditional funding award $601,618.19, on-line date 7-18-03. Contact: Suzanne Korosec, 916-654-4516. (15 minutes)
- GULF COAST TO CALIFORNIA PIPELINE FEASIBILITY STUDY. Possible adoption of the Committee Report Gulf Coast to California Pipeline Feasibility Study as required by Assembly Bill 2098 (Migden, Chapter 963, Statutes of 2000). Report is available on-line at [www.energy.ca.gov/reports]. Contact: Leigh Stamets, 916-654-4510. (5 minutes)
- XENERGY, INC. Possible approval of an amendment to Contract 300-00-004 to provide a no-cost time extension, which extends the Residential Appliance Saturation Survey contract from February 15, 2004 to June 30, 2004, and to change the retention factor from 25% to 10%. Contact: Glen Sharp, 916-654-4764. (10 minutes)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISION (SCE). Possible approval of Contract 500-03-001 for $964,074 (PIER funded) to develop and demonstrate a portable, lightweight, digital, automated system for the accurate control and monitoring of oxygen transfer efficiency in the wastewater treatment industry. Contact: Shahid Chaudhry, 916-654-4858 or Pramod Kulkarni, 916-654-4637. (10 minutes)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON (SCE). Possible approval of Contract 500-03-002 for $2,040,924 (PIER funded) to develop and facilitate market availability of cost-effective package and split-system air conditioners, which are designed for hot and dry climates. Contact: Chris Scruton, (916) 653-0948. (15 minutes)
- CALPINE CORPORATION. Possible approval to move the project drilling site under an existing agreement (GEO-02-004) with Calpine Corporation, from the Pumice Mine area of the Glass Mountain Known Geothermal Resource Area (KGRA) to the Telephone Flat area within the same KGRA, approximately three miles away. Contact: Elaine Sison-Lebrilla, (916) 653-0363. (15 minutes)
- EAST ALTAMONT ENERGY CENTER. Consideration and possible approval of the Revised Presiding MemberÕs Proposed Decision (RPMPD) on the Application for Certification Š East Altamont Energy Center, Docket No. 01-AFC-4. Contact: Major Williams, (916) 651-2020. (30 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from the August 6, 2003 business meeting.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 10.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/ . Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site - www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |