California Energy Commission
Wednesday, September 03, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CLAREMONT GRADUATE UNIVERSITY. Possible approval of a $91,067 Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account loan to Claremont Graduate University to install energy efficient lighting and controls in their facilities. This project is estimated to save about $24,400 annually in reduced energy cost and has a simple payback of 3.7 years. Contact: David Rubens, (916) 651-9857. (5 minutes)
- CITY OF SANTA ROSA. Possible approval of a $488,000 Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account loan (Bond funds) to the City of Santa Rosa to retrofit and modify two pump stations at the Laguna Wastewater Treatment plant. These changes will reduce the peak electrical demand by 214 kW and annual electrical energy consumption by 390,000 kWh. This project is estimated to save about $70,600 annually in reduced energy cost and has a simple payback of 6.9 years. Contact: Shahid Chaudhry, (916) 654-4858. (10 minutes)
- CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH. Possible approval of a $1,800,000 Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account loan (Bond funds) to the California Department of Mental Health to install premium efficiency motor on a chilled water pump, and an Energy Management System (EMS) at the Patton State Hospital. This project is estimated to save about $180,000 annually in reduced energy cost and has a simple payback of 10 years. Contact: Ram Verma, (916) 654-8435. (5 minutes)
- CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO. Possible approval of a $2,500,000 Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account loan (Bond funds) to the City and County of San Francisco to install a 250 kW photovoltaic system and a motor efficiency project at the Southeast Water Treatment plant. This project has a simple payback of 8.2 years. Contact: Joseph Wang, (916) 654-4026. (5 minutes)
- CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO. Possible approval of a $2,739,603 Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account loan (Bond funds) to San Francisco Public Utilities Commission to replace their boilers, chillers and energy management system with new systems as well as keep existing steam turbines with emergency diesel generators. This project will save approximately $544,000 annually in reduced energy cost and has a simple payback of approximately 5 years. Contact: Adel Suleiman, (916) 654-4021. (5 minutes)
- NEO MONTAUK GENCO MANAGEMENT, LLC. Possible approval of the following funding award agreements under the New Renewable Resources Account:
- NEO Montauk Genco Management, LLC, Colton Landfill Gas Project, 2.5 MW, conditional funding award $300,809.09, on-line date 4-18-03;
- NEO Montauk Genco Management, LLC, Mid-Valley Landfill Gas Project, 3.8 MW, conditional funding award $601,618.19, on-line date 4-18-03;
- NEO Montauk Genco Management, LLC, Milliken Landfill Gas Project, 5.0 MW, conditional funding award $601,618.19, on-line date 7-18-03. Contact: Suzanne Korosec, (916) 654-4516. (15 minutes)
- HIGH WINDS, LLC. Possible approval of a $4,446,000 conditional funding award agreement under the New Renewable Resources Account to High Winds, LLC, Phase 1 Wind Project. This 70.2 MW project came on-line June 30, 2003. Contact: Suzanne Korosec, (916) 654-4516. (15 minutes)
- GOVERNOR'S OFFICE OF PLANNING AND RESEARCH. Possible approval of $45,000 to renew an Inter-Agency Agreement with the Governor's Office of Planning and Research to provide writing and research services to the Energy Commission on the state's future energy-related issues. Contact: Cheryl Raedel, (916) 654-4424. (5 minutes)
- CALIFORNIA ELECTRICITY OVERSIGHT BOARD (EOB). Possible approval of an amendment to Contract 200-99-006 to 1) augment the existing budget by $200,000; 2) extend the contract end term to March 31, 2005; 3) clarify that effective July 1, 2003, the Energy Commission will no longer be responsible for EOB's Contracting Services, Accounting, Personnel or Information Technology support; and 4) effective October 1, 2003, the Energy Commission will no longer be responsible for EOB's Budgeting or Business Services. EOB has negotiated with the Department of General Services to provide these services after the specified dates above. Contact: Sherri Guzman, (916) 654-4391. (15 minutes)
- CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY (CDF). Possible approval of an Inter-Agency Agreement R500-03-007 for $49,980 with the CDF to repay the Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) for performing a second case study in conjunction with CDF's on-going project to classify, quantify, and measure carbon levels in California. Contact: Guido Franco, (916) 654-3940. (15 minutes)
Approval of minutes from the August 20, 2003 business meeting.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to a closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 16.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number. Please be aware that while the Commission makes this opportunity to participate by telephone available in an effort to make its hearings inclusive, parties who have comments that they consider to be essential for the Commission to hear should consider attending the hearing in person because there are occasional technical problems with our telephonic link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems but it cannot accept responsibility for them.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/ . Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail email@example.com and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site - www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |