California Energy Commission
Tuesday, September 9, 2003
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda)
- CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD. Possible approval of a no-cost time extension to Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Contract 700-98-027 to collect data and produce air quality computer models. These models will address the long range NOx transport issue unique to thermal power plants and other large point sources. Contact: Guido Franco, (916) 654-3940 and Marla Mueller, (916) 654-4894.
- MIDWAY SUNSET COGENERATION PROJECT (85-AFC3C). Possible approval of a petition to add Selective Catalytic Reduction systems to meet revised San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District rules. If approved, the NOx emissions limit will be reduced by half. Contact: Connie Bruins, (916) 654-4545. (15 minutes)
- PICO POWER PROJECT. Possible approval of the Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (PMPD) recommending certification for the 147-megawatt Pico Power Project in the City of Santa Clara, proposed by Silicon Valley Power. Contact: Gary Fay, (916) 654-3893. (1 hour)
- SMUD COSUMNES POWER PLANT PROJECT. Possible consideration and approval of the SMUD Cosumnes Power Plant 1 Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (PMPD) recommending granting of certification with conditions. Contact: Garret Shean, (916) 653-6421. (1 hour)
- PALOMAR ENERGY PROJECT (01-AFC-24). Consideration and possible ruling on request filed by Intervenor Powers' counsel regarding his ability to participate via teleconference at the August 6, 2003, Commission hearing on the PMPD. Contact: Susan Gefter, (916) 653-6110. (15 minutes)
- PALOMAR ENERGY PROJECT (01-AFC-24). Consideration of any petitions for reconsideration filed pursuant to Public Resources Code section 25530. Contact: Susan Gefter, (916) 653-6110. (30 Minutes)
Approval of Minutes from the September 3, 2003 business meeting.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 12.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Roberta Mendonca, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number. Please be aware that while the Commission makes this opportunity to participate by telephone available in an effort to make its hearings inclusive, parties who have comments that they consider to be essential for the Commission to hear should consider attending the hearing in person because there are occasional technical problems with our telephonic link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems but it cannot accept responsibility for them.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/ . Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site - www.energy.ca.gov
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |