California Energy Commission
Wednesday, February 4, 2004
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 10 a.m.
Note: Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see information at: www.energy.ca.gov/realaudio/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda).
- ARCHITECTURAL ENERGY CORPORATION (AEC). Possible approval of Contract 400-00-061 Amendment 1, substituting the obligation for this contract from Eley Associates to Architectural Energy Corporation. Contact: Bryan Alcorn, (916) 654-4222.
- CONSUMER POWER AND CONSERVATION FINANCING AUTHORITY. Possible approval of Contract R500-02-006 Amendment 1, to amend the scope of work and terms for implementing the Solar Schools Program, consistent with current Emerging Renewables Program guidelines and funding level limitations. Contact: Melinda Merritt, (916) 654-4536. (15 minutes)
- LOS ESTEROS CRITICAL ENERGY FACILITY PHASE 2 PROJECT. Commission consideration of the Executive Director's Data Adequacy Recommendation for the Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility Phase 2 Application for Certification (Docket No. 03-AFC-2). Los Esteros was originally licensed under the 4-month regulations. The current application seeks two actions: 1) recertification of the current permit to operate as a 180-megawatt peaking plant from 3 years, ending July 2, 2005, for the life of the project; and 2) a license for the conversion of the plant to a 320-megawatt combined cycle facility. The project is located in the city of San Jose, Santa Clara County. Contact: Robert Worl, (916) 651-8853. (15 minutes)
- LOS ESTEROS CRITICAL ENERGY FACILITY PHASE 2 PROJECT. Possible approval of a Committee for the Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility Phase 2 Project Application for Certification (Docket No. 03-AFC-2). Contact: Robert Worl, (916) 651-8853. (5 minutes)
- MODESTO IRRIGATION DISTRICT (MEGS). Commission consideration and possible adoption of the Revised Mitigated Negative Declaration and Proposed Decision for the Modesto Electric Generation Station Application for a Small Power Plant Exemption (Docket No. 03-SPPE-01). Contact: Stan Valkosky, (916) 654-3893. (15 minutes)
- RESIDENTIAL CLOTHES WASHER STANDARDS (DOCKET No. 03-AAER-01(RCW)). Possible adoption of revised standards for residential clothes washers to include a legislatively-mandated water factor standard. Contact: Michael Martin, (916) 654-4039. (30 minutes)
Approval of minutes from the January 21, 2004 business meeting.
- Energy Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to a closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 16.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Margret Kim, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number. Please be aware that while the Commission makes this opportunity to participate by telephone available in an effort to make its hearings inclusive, parties who have comments that they consider to be essential for the Commission to hear should consider attending the hearing in person because there are occasional technical problems with our telephonic link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems but it cannot accept responsibility for them.
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site: www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/ Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov