California Energy Commission
Wednesday, December 1, 2004
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Sacramento, California 95814
Note: Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see information at: www.energy.ca.gov/webcast/.
Co-Sponsorship Announcement: CALSTART's
"2020: California's Transportation Energy Future" Conference
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- PASTORIA ENERGY FACILITY. Possible approval of a Petition to Modify the Emission Reduction Credit Offsets Package and other changes that affect air quality conditions of certification. (Docket No. 99-AFC-7C) Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (5 minutes)
- SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY ENERGY CENTER (01-AFC-22C) Possible approval of a petition to modify the Emission Reduction Credit Offset Package and other changes that affect air quality conditions of certification. (Docket No. 01-AFC-22C). Contact: Lance Shaw, (916) 653-1227. (5 minutes)
- SYCAMORE COGENERATION PROJECT. Possible approval of a Petition to Allow Either Cogeneration or Simple-Cycle Operation and Extending the License to Operate. (Docket No. 84-AFC-6C) Contact: Nancy Tronaas, (916) 654-3864. (5 minutes)
- APPLIANCE EFFICIENCY REGULATIONS. Possible Adoption of a Negative Declaration for the potential environmental impacts related to the adoption proposed Appliance Efficiency Regulations has been postponed until December 15. 2004. Anyone wishing to make comments on the negative declaration may comment today, or they may wait until the December 15, 2004 business meeting. Any comments received today will be entered into the record and presented at the December 15, 2004 meeting. Contact: Rob Hudler, (916) 654-4072. (5 minutes)
- CITY OF SAN CARLOS. Possible approval of a loan to the city of San Carlos for $144,600 to install a 62-kilowatt photovoltaic solar system at the city corporation yard. The project is estimated to save about $14,755 annually and has a simple payback of 9.8 years. (ECAA and/or Bond fund) Contact: Joseph Wang, (916) 654-4026. (5 minutes)
- TOWN OF YUCCA VALLEY. Possible approval of a loan to the town of Yucca Valley for $120,328 to install a 55-kilowatt photovoltaic solar system on the Town Hall roof. The project is estimated to save about $13,490 annually and has a simple payback of 8.9 years. (ECAA and/or Bond fund) Contact: Joseph Wang, (916) 654-4026. (5 minutes)
- BEACON MATRIX SERVICES. Possible approval of Contract 500-04-009 for $1,2232,854 to demonstrate the benefits of applying flywheel energy storage system as an energy stabilizing asset to provide the California Independent System Operator new frequency regulation opetions during times of rapidly varying electrical loads. (PIER funded) Contact: Pramod Kulkarni, (916) 654-4637. (5 minutes)
- PALMDALE WATER DISTRICT. Possible approval of Contract 500-04-011 for $979,047 to develop, field test and operate an ultracapacitor-based electric energy storage system that integrates wind, hydro and DG technologies into a MicroGrid network. (PIER funded) Contact: David Chambers, (916) 653-7067. (5 minutes)
Approval of the Minutes from the November 17, 2004 business meeting.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Legislative Director's Report
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 15.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director -- (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Margret Kim, Public Adviser -- (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
Please note that while the Commission affords members of the public to also participate by telephone, the Commission strongly encourages public comments to be made in person because there are occasional technical problems with the Commission's telephonic link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems. However, it is the responsibility of the person wishing to make a comment to ensure that such comment is received by the Commission. As such, if you intend to make comments by phone, the Commission recommends that a written comment also be submitted either by facsimile or email to the Public Adviser by 5p.m. two days prior to the Scheduled Business Meeting.
Should you wish to connect via the WebCast, the new address is:
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site [www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/]. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 9th St., MS 38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site -- www.energy.ca.gov