California Energy Commission
WEDNESDAY, March 16, 2005
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 10 a.m.
Note: Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
Please see information at: www.energy.ca.gov/webcast/.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- CONSENT CALENDAR. (Items on the Consent Calendar will be taken up and voted on as a group. A Commissioner may request that an item be discussed and moved to later on the agenda).
- XENERGY, INCORPORATED. Possible approval of Contract 500-01-036, Amendment 1, for a no-cost time extension to December 31, 2005, to continue development of WREGIS functional requirements, support for the proposed Solar Roofs Initiative and its associated California Public Utilities Commission Assigned Commissioner’s Ruling, and additional Emerging Renewables Program tasks. Contact: Madeleine Meade.
- ELK HILLS POWER PROJECT. Possible approval of a Petition to extend the cold startup time limit from four to six hours (Docket No. 99-AFC-1C). Contact: Nancy Tronaas. (5 minutes)
- METCALF ENERGY CENTER, LLC. Possible approval of a petition from Metcalf Energy Center, LLC to modify air quality commissioning, startup, and other conditions and requirements for the Metcalf Energy Center Project (Docket No. 99-AFC-3C). Contact: Steve Munro. (1 hour)
- LOS ESTEROS CRITICAL ENERGY FACILITY II, PHASE I. Commission consideration and possible adoption of the Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility II, Phase I Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (Docket No. 03-AFC-2). Contact: Ed Bouillon. (30 minutes)
- REVENUE BONDS. Consideration and possible approval for the Energy Commission to enter into agreements with the Infrastructure and Economic Development Financing Authority for a approximately $40 million Revenue Bond sale. The Bonds will provide funds to the Energy Conservation Assistance Act Account for loans to qualifying local agencies. Contact: Daryl Mills. (10 minutes)
- 2005 INTEGRATED ENERGY POLICY REPORT. Consideration and possible decision to initiate enforcement activities, including issuing a subpoena, for certain load serving entities subject to the Energy Commission’s November 3, 3004 demand forecast submittal order. Contact: Caryn Holmes. (15 minutes)
- GEOPRAXIS, INC. Possible approval of Contract 500-04-020 for $270,000 to further develop and commercialize the Green Building Studio, a web-based software service that allows designers to improve energy performance of building construction and renovation during the conceptual design phase. (PIER funded) Contact: Martha Brook. (5 minutes)
- GLOBAL GREEN USA. Possible approval of Contract 500-04-023 for $732,000 to conduct ZeroEnergy New Homes Research Demonstration & Development. (PIER funded) Contact: Nancy Jenkins. (5 minutes)
Approval of the Minutes from the March 2, 2005 business meetings.
- Commission Committee and Oversight
A discussion on Commission Committee and Oversight matters may be held.
- Chief Counsel's Report
The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel to determine whether facts and circumstances exist that warrant the initiation of litigation [Government Code section 11126(e)(3)] or whether facts and circumstances exist that constitute a significant exposure to litigation against the Energy Commission [Government Code section 11126(e)(2)].
- Executive Director's Report
Closed session may be held on personnel matters.
[Authority: Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Legislative Director's Report
- Public Adviser's Report
- Public Comment
People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission.
The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of Item 16.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146, five days prior to the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to: Claudia Chandler, Assistant Director - (916) 654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to: Margret Kim, Public Adviser - (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228
Should you wish to participate via telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked, please answer "Business Meeting and Mr. Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you want to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator that you want to speak and the item number.
Please note that while the Commission affords members of the public to also participate by telephone, the Commission strongly encourages public comments to be made in person because there are occasional technical problems with the Commission's telephonic link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems. However, it is the responsibility of the person wishing to make a comment to ensure that such comment is received by the Commission. As such, if you intend to make comments by phone, the Commission recommends that a written comment also be submitted either by facsimile or e-mail to the Public Adviser by (5 p.m.) two days prior to the Scheduled Business Meeting.
Should you wish to connect via the WebCast, the address is: www.energy.ca.gov/webcast/
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system to alert you about Business Meeting agendas on the Internet. To subscribe via e-mail, please go to our site www.energy.ca.gov/listservers/. Those subscribing to the e-mail may wish to discontinue receiving agendas by U.S. Mail. To remove your name from the mailing list, send the mailing label on the envelope to: California Energy Commission, 1516 Ninth St., MS-38, Sacramento, CA, 95814 and ask that your name be deleted or e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] and request that your name be removed from List 15. Please include the number that is located on the upper left corner of the mailing label.
Energy Commission Web Site - www.energy.ca.gov