California Energy Commission
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room B, First Floor
Beginning at 2 p.m.
Sacramento, California 95814
Note: this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
See broadcast information.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- IVANPAH SOLAR ELECTRIC GENERATING SYSTEM (07-AFC-5). Possible approval of a Petition for Reconsideration of the Energy Commission's decision of September 22, 2010, to approve the Application for Certification of the Ivanpah Solar Generating System. The petition cites concerns regarding the genetically unique population of desert tortoise located on the project site. Contact: Jennifer Martin-Gallardo. (30 minutes)
- Chief Counsel's Report: The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel [Government Code Section 11126(e)] to discuss any of the following matters to which the Energy Commission is a party:
- California Communities Against Toxics et al v. South Coast Air Quality Management District (Los Angeles County Superior Court, BS124624);
- Western Riverside Council of Governments v. Department of General Services (Riverside County Superior Court RIC10005849);
- In the Matter of U.S. Department of Energy (High Level Waste Repository),(Atomic Safety Licensing Board, CAB-04, 63-001-HLW);
- Public Utilities Commission of California (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Docket No. EL10-64-000); and Southern California Edison Company, et al. (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Docket No. EL10 66 000).
- Executive Director's Report: A closed session may be held on personnel matters. [Government Code, Section 11126(a).]
- Public Adviser's Report: The Public Adviser may report on upcoming events.
- Public Comment: People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission, with the exception of items appearing elsewhere on this agenda or items related to pending adjudicative (certification or enforcement) proceedings.
- Internal Organization and Policy: The Commission may recess the meeting and continue it later for purposes of a general discussion of Commission internal organization and policy. No action will be taken at such a continued session. The Commission will announce whether it plans to continue the meeting in this manner and the time and location at the end of the last regular item.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at 916-654-5146, five days before the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Media and Public Communications - 916-654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Public Adviser's Office - 916-654-4489 or 800-822-6228.
Participating by Telephone at a Business Meeting
If you want to participate by telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on Business Meeting days after 10:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked for your pass code and call leader's name, please answer "Business Meeting and Harriet K" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you wish to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator and provide the item number.
Please note that while the Energy Commission affords members of the public the opportunity to participate by telephone, the Commission strongly encourages public comments to be made in person because there are occasional technical problems with the Commission's telephone link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems; however, it is the responsibility of the person wishing to make a comment to ensure that such comment is received by the Commission. If you intend to make comments by phone, the Commission recommends that a written comment also be submitted either by facsimile or e-mail to the Public Adviser by 5 p.m. two days before the scheduled business meeting. Fax (916) 654-4493 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Meeting is broadcast via WebEx, the Energy Commission's on-line meeting service. To listen to the meeting and view any presentations, please click the following link or paste it into your browser:
You may also go to https://energy.webex.com/ec and enter Meeting Number 925 150 075. The meeting password is mtg@200pm
The Energy Commission building has wireless Internet access available in the atrium, coffee shop, and library.
Subscribe to Electronic Mail Lists
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system for the business meeting agendas. To subscribe, please go to our Business Meetings page www.energy.ca.gov/business_meetings/ and use the form in the left column.
Buy, Recycle, and Save with a new high energy efficient appliance through the California Cash for Appliances rebate program.
The Cash for Appliances PLUS rebate program now includes high energy efficient dishwashers, freezers, water heaters, and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Apply today at: www.Cash4Appliances.org