California Energy Commission
Thursday, March 17, 2011
1516 Ninth Street
Hearing Room A, First Floor
Beginning at 9 a.m.
Note: this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
See broadcast information.
THE COMMISSION WILL CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- EMERGING RENEWABLES PROGRAM. Possible ratification of the decision of the Energy Commission's Renewables Committee to temporarily suspend the Emerging Renewables Program to implement changes to address program deficiencies. Contact: Tony Goncalves.(5 minutes)
- ENERGY COMMISSION COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS. Possible approval of Energy Commissioner appointments to the Energy Commission's Standing Committees and Siting Committees. Contact: Kevin Barker.
- Chief Counsel's Report: The Energy Commission may adjourn to closed session with its legal counsel [Government Code Section 11126(e)] to discuss any of the following matters to which the Energy Commission is a party:
- California Communities Against Toxics et al v. South Coast Air Quality Management District (Los Angeles County Superior Court, BS124624);
- Western Riverside Council of Governments v. Department of General Services (Riverside County Superior Court RIC10005849);
- In the Matter of U.S. Department of Energy (High Level Waste Repository),(Atomic Safety Licensing Board, CAB-04, 63-001-HLW);
- Public Utilities Commission of California (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Docket No. EL10-64-000); and Southern California Edison Company, et al. (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Docket No. EL10 66 000);
- California Energy Commission v. Superior Court (WRCOG) (California Court of Appeal E052018);
- California Unions for Reliable Energy and William Perez v. California Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission (California Supreme Court, S189402);
- Sierra Club v. State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, et al (California Supreme Court, S189387);
- BNSF Railway Company v. US Department of Interior, California Energy Commission (U.S. District Court Central District of California-Riverside, CV 10-10057 SVW (PJWx));
- WRCOG v. CEC, (WRCOG II - the Bagley Keene Matter) (Riverside County Superior Court No. 10021694).
- Public Comment: People may speak up to five minutes on any matter concerning the Energy Commission, with the exception of items appearing elsewhere on this agenda or items related to pending adjudicative (certification or enforcement) proceedings.
If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at 916-654-5146, five days before the meeting.
News media inquiries should be directed to:
Media and Public Communications - 916-654-4989
Questions about participation in the Business Meeting should be directed to:
Public Adviser's Office - 916-654-4489 or 800-822-6228.
Participating by Telephone at a Business Meeting
If you want to participate by telephone, call toll free 1-888-823-5065 on the Business Meeting day after 9:01 a.m. (PDT). When asked for your pass code and call leader's name, please answer "Business Meeting and Jerome Lee" and the operator will connect you into the meeting. Should you wish to speak on a specific item, please inform the operator and provide the item number.
Please note that while the Energy Commission affords members of the public the opportunity to participate by telephone, the Commission strongly encourages public comments to be made in person because there are occasional technical problems with the Commission's telephone link. The Commission will make every effort to avoid these problems; however, it is the responsibility of the person wishing to make a comment to ensure that such comment is received by the Commission. If you intend to make comments by phone, the Commission recommends that a written comment also be submitted either by facsimile or e-mail to the Public Adviser by 5 p.m. two days before the scheduled business meeting. Fax (916) 654-4493 or e-mail email@example.com.
The Business Meeting is broadcast via WebEx, the Energy Commission's on-line meeting service. To listen to the meeting and view any presentations, please click the following link or paste it into your browser:
You may also go to https://energy.webex.com/ec and enter Meeting Number 920 940 886. The meeting password is meet@9am.
The Energy Commission building has wireless Internet access available in the atrium, coffee shop, and library.
Subscribe to Electronic Mail Lists
To reduce paper and mailing costs, the Energy Commission offers an automated e-mail system for the business meeting agendas. To subscribe, please go to our Business Meetings page www.energy.ca.gov/business_meetings/ and use the form in the left column.