This event has passed. The event information on this page is for historical purposes only and links may no longer work.
Don't miss this conference, to get the details necessary for a better understanding of interoperability. Examine grid applications and connectivity options for distributed intelligence, review distributed grid architecture, functional capabilities of the field message bus technologies, modeling and implementing a common semantic and syntax structure for distributed energy resources (DER) applications, cybersecurity benefits of a distributed interoperable smart grid and much more!
Using distributed intelligence applications in the electric grid has the potential to achieve additional savings, enhanced operational performance, improved system response times and better scaling of field devices.
November 5-6, 2014 :: Scottsdale, AZ
- California Public Utilities Commission
- PJM Operations Support
- CPS Energy
- Duke Energy
- Leidos Engineering
- Milsoft Utility Solutions
- OMNETRIC Group - A Siemens & Accenture Company
- S&C Electric Company
- Xtensible Solutions
Key Takeaways Include:
- Identify how interoperability will transform the electric utility industry and affect customers.
- Explore the meaning of "Interoperability Nirvana."
- Examine interchangeability on three axes: hardware, software, telecommunications.
- Analyze Grid architecture and the ability to monitor and control the flow of electricity.
- Review smart grid distributed intelligence applications and the requirements imposed on the enabling communication technologies.
- Discover the functional capabilities of the field message bus technologies.
- Review how to implement a common semantic and syntax structure for Distributed Energy Resources (DER) applications with IEC Common Information Model (CIM) and an Internet of Things (IoT) messaging protocol called Data Distribution Service (DDS).
- Review automation investments (including pilots) future plans and challenges, including smart grid architecture and interoperability.
- Discuss the cybersecurity benefits of a distributed interoperable smart grid.
- Review analytics through distributed intelligence and an interoperable grid.
For more Information & Registration: