Date Released: September 26, 2017.
The purpose of this solicitation is to fund Natural Gas-Related Transportation projects that meet the following initiatives:
- Systems Optimization of Hybrid-Electric Natural Gas Vehicles to Minimize Emissions and Maximize Efficiency;
- Advanced Combustion Research to Reduce Emissions of Large Displacement Natural Gas Engines;
- Improving the Economics of Onboard Compressed Natural Gas Storage Research and Development.
California’s transportation sector is one of the primary sources of emissions in California. The need for advancements in vehicle technologies is primarily driven by California’s clean transportation policies and the increasing need to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in order to meet health-based clean air standards.
Mobile sources account for over 80 percent of NOx emissions in the severely polluted San Joaquin Valley and South Coast Air Basins. , Heavy-duty diesel trucks, off-road vehicles, marine vessels, and locomotives are among the largest contributors to nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. Extensive deployment of zero- and near-zero emission technologies is needed to meet current and future clean air standards. With the commercialization of heavy-duty natural gas engines certified at the optional 0.02 g/bhp-hr NOx on-road emission standard and the current availability of renewable natural gas, natural gas vehicles represent a near-term solution that can reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve local air quality, and address state energy goals. Continued research and development is needed to address barriers to wider adoption of near-zero emission heavy-duty natural gas vehicles.
Through this Grant Funding Opportunity, the Energy Commission seeks projects that target specific barriers to natural gas vehicle adoption. Projects must fall within the following project groups:
- Group 1: Heavy-Duty Natural Gas Hybrid-Electric Vehicle Systems Optimization Research, Development, and Demonstration;
- Group 2: Advanced Combustion Research for Large Displacement Natural Gas Engines for Off-Road Applications;
- Group 3: On-Board Compressed Natural Gas Storage Improved Economics Research and Development.
Deadline to Submit Applications: November 27, 2017, by 3:00 p.m.
Date, time and Location:
October 11, 2017,
California Energy Commission
1516 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Charles Imbrecht Hearing Room (formerly Hearing Room B)
TELECONFERENCE OPTION: Parties and the public may attend the Public Workshop in person at the above location or by telephone and/or by computer via our "WebEx" web conferencing system. For additional details on how to participate via WebEx, please see the application at:
WebEx and Conference Call-in-toll-free number: 1-866-469-3239
Please go to https://energy.webex.com
Meeting Number: 495 720 252
Meeting Password: This meeting does not require a password.
Topic: GFO-17-503 Pre-Application Workshop
For more information:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Sacramento, CA 95814
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar