Office of Governmental Affairs of the California Energy Commission
The primary mission of the Office of Governmental Affairs (OGA) is to maintain a cooperative relationship between the Energy Commission, the Administration, and the members and staff of the California Legislature.
OGA's roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing analyses and recommended positions on bills affecting the Commission to the Natural Resources Agency and the Governor's Office.
- Preparing Enrolled Bill Reports for the Governor on measures passed by the Legislature, recommending signature or veto.
- Monitoring policy issues of interest to the Commission and working with Legislative members and staff and other key stakeholders to ensure that the Commission's views are understood and considered by policymakers.
- Coordinating the process of developing Commission-sponsored legislation, and seeking authors for approved proposals.
- Reviewing and answering questions from the Legislature on various energy issues.
How to Contact Us
E-mail: OGA @ energy.ca.gov
- Barry Steinhart, Director of Governmental Affairs
- Melissa Rae King, Legislative Manager
- Neil Amos, Legislative Analyst
- Erin Flannery, Legislative Analyst
- Jana Romero, Legislative Analyst
- Mary Cole, Legislative Assistant