Public Interest Energy Research Program (PIER) Reports
Information for PIER Program contractors and researchers on Preparing Technical Research Project Reports
Below you will find the style manual and templates for the required report format for PIER technical research reports. Please download and read the manual and use its requirements to format and submit your report.
If you are preparing a report for the PIER Program that is not a result of research, but is a done as a consultant or contractor, please use the report titled STYLE MANUAL (Second Edition) for Preparing Contract and Consultant Reports for the California Energy Commission, publication number CEC-180-2010-002.
If you have additional questions regarding the report or its format, please contact your project manager.
Before you begin creating a website, doing any outreach to the news media, or planning other public relations efforts surrounding the research project, please email the California Energy Commission's Media & Public Communications Office or call at 916-654-4989.
Style Manual and Templates
- STYLE MANUAL (Second Edition): Preparing Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program Technical Research Project Reports
Energy Commission publication # CEC-180-2010-004. Posted: April 12, 2010. (Acrobat file, 78 pages, 556 kb)
- PIER Report Style Template, April 2010. (MS Word, 2.4 megabytes)
- PIER Cover and Credits Page Template, April 2010. (MS Word, 296 kb)
Note: On covers for collaborative reports (from multi-organizations) please check with Energy Commission Media & Public Communications Office (916-654-4989).
- Boilerplate for Preface to PIER Project Reports. (Updated: 2/10, MS Word, 80 kilobytes)
Other Helpful Documents and Links
- Research & Development Division Homepage
- Glossary of Terms and Acronyms Used by the PIER Program. (PDF file, 40 pages, 213 kilobytes)
- Latest PIER Final Project Reports
NOTE: If you are writing a consultant report that is not connected with a PIER research project, then you should use the Commission's general Style Manual for consultant reports. If you are unsure of which style manual to use, please email the California Energy Commission's Media & Public Communications Office or call at 916-654-4989..
Automated Email Notifications
To subscribe to the Opportunity email ListServ, and receive funding opportunity announcements, enter your e-mail address completely.