Notices, Reports and Other Documents for
AB 2160 Green Building Report
Meetings and documents on this page are listed by date on line or date of the meeting.
On January 30, 2008, the California Energy Commission adopted the AB 2160 Green Building Report. You can download a copy of the report.
COMMISSION-ADOPTED REPORT, publication # CEC-400-2008-005-CMF.
(PDF file, 57 pages, 584 kb)
Workshops, Reports & Documents
Updated: January 29, 2008.
January 30, 2008 - Energy Commission Business Meeting to Consider Adoption of AB 2160 Green Building Report
- Notice of Meeting to Consider Adoption of Report
- Documents for Meeting
- AB 2160 Green Building Report - For Submission to the Governor's Green Action Team, Staff Report for consideration for adoption, publication # CEC-400-2008-005. (Acrobat PDF file, 56 pages, 556 kilobytes)
September 25, 2007 - Workshop on Obstacles to and Incentives for Furthering Green Private Sector Commercial Building Projects
- Workshop Notice - Posted September 14, 2007. (Acrobat PDF file, 9 pages, 112 kb)
- Workshop Agenda - Posted September 21, 2007.
Includes draft lists of obstacles and incentives for discussion and comment.
Resources - Documents, Websites, Classes, and Organizations
- Rational, Specific Actions, and Timeline, Green Building Action Plan Back-Up Technical Document.
(73 pages, 300 kb)
See section on obstacles to actions (called 'barriers' - Sec. 4.1) and section on incentives (Sec. 6.4).
- Making the Business Case for High Performance Green Buildings - U.S. Green Building Council.
(14 pages, 640 kb)
- Sidelighting Photocontrols Field Study, Commercial Market Research Report - Prepared by Heschong Mahone Group.
(187 pages, 1.1 mb)
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Commercial-Buildings Commissioning - Prepared for the U.S. Department of Energy.
(99 pages, 3.5 mb)
- Green Buildings at the Bottom Line - Building Design and Construction, November 2006.
(64 pages, 3.1 mb)
- Commercial Buildings Operations and Maintenance Market Assessment - Prepared for the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, October, 2006.
(178 pages, 756 kb)
- The Energy Challenge: A New Agenda for Corporate Real Estate - Rocky Mountain Institute and CoreNet Global April 2007. (72 pages, 2.8 mb)
- Energy Efficiency Research in Corporate Real Estate - Charette Meeting Report issued August 17, 2006. Rocky Mountain Institute and CoreNet Global (67 pages, 1.9 mb)
- Options for Energy Efficiency in Exisiting Buildings - Energy Commission Report December 2005. (84 pages, 700 kb)
- 2007 The Cost of Green Revisited - Davis Langdon, 2006. (Download from website)
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings, Business realities and opportunities, Summary Report - World Business Council for Sustainable Development. (PDF file, 43 pgs, 1.5 MB)See Related Article
- The Costs and Financial Benefits of Green Buildings, A Report to California's Sustainable Building Task Force - Principal Author: Greg Kats, October 2003. (PDF file, 77 pgs, 2.8 MB)
- Building Better Buildings:, A Blueprint for Sustainable State Facilities - Prepared by the Sustainable Building Task Force and the State and Consumer Services Agency, December 2001, Governor's Executive Order D-16-00. (PDF file, 134 pgs, 428 kb)
- Wasted Energy: How the US Can Reach Its Energy Productivity Potential, McKinsey Global Institute, June 2007.
(PDF file, 22 pgs, 1.5 mb)
Note: Requires a password setup to download from the McKinsey & Company website. The report is free to download.
- The confounding complexities of building green, Joel Makower, CNNMoney.com, August 31, 2007.
- Trend Watching - Barriers to Building Green, Adam Davis, GreenBiz.com, November 2001.
- Green Buildings: Bringing Environmentally Sensitive Design to San Francisco, San Francisco Planning & Urban Research Association (SPUR), June 2001.
- Possible and Profitable: Energy Efficiency Investments in the Building Sector, Andy Frank, GreenerBuildings.com.
- Global Survey Shows "Green" Construction Costs Dramatically Lower Than Believed, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, August 21, 2007.
- Overcoming Obstacles and Barriers to Energy Efficiency in Supermarkets and Convenience Stores - Arthur Venables, E SOURCE Corporate Energy Managers' Consortium, September 18, 2007. (PDF file, 27 pgs, 3.3 MB)
- Overcoming Obstacles and Barriers to Energy Efficiency in Hotels - Arthur Venables, E SOURCE Corporate Energy Managers' Consortium, October 30, 2007. (PDF file, 30 pgs, 1.3 MB)