2013 California Retail Fuel Outlet Annual Report
The Petroleum Industry Information Reporting Act (PIIRA) requires all retail fueling stations operating in California to file an annual report each year. The California Retail Fuel Outlet Annual Report (CEC-A15) form is used by the California Energy Commission (Energy Commission) to collect the required retail sales information.
Who needs to file this report?
A report must be filed for any location which sells fuel (including, but not limited to, gasoline, diesel, E-85, biodiesel and LNG). This includes:
- Service stations, including lessees, independent and unbranded station owners
- Convenience stores which sell fuel
- Hypermarts and grocery stores which sell fuel
- Cardlock facilities which have retail sales to end users
- Truck stops
- Any other type of outlet which sells fuel to retail level consumers
Note: A separate report must be filed for each retail fuel location.
The CEC-A15 form is available in either Microsoft Excel (.xls) or Adobe PDF format below, along with instructions on filling out the form. For more information regarding the CEC-A15, please contact one of the following Commission staff members:
- Alex Wong:
- Cam Nguyen:
- Gerald Zipay:
Forms and Instructions
Retail Gasoline Stations Annual Reporting Form & Instructions
All Forms & Instructions
- Results of the A15 Report: The Retail Fuel Market in California
- Staff Report - 2008 Best Permitting Practices Guidelines for Liquid Transportation Fuels Infrastructure
(PDF file, 69 pgs, 760 kilobytes)
- Staff Report - Petroleum Industry Information Reporting Act: Implementation Update
(PDF file, 16 pgs, 80 kilobytes)