On April 21, 2004, at its regularly-scheduled Business Meeting, the California Energy Commission adopted the following two guidebooks relating to California's Renewables Portfolio Standard Program:
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook (publication no. 500-04-002F) - This guidebook describes the eligibility requirements and process for certifying eligible renewable resources for California's Renewables Portfolio Standard and Supplemental Energy Payments. It also describes how the Energy Commission will track and verify compliance with the RPS using an interim tracking process.
- New Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook (publication no. 500-04-001F) - This document describes the conditions to qualify for and receive Supplemental Energy Payments from the New Renewable Facilities Program element of the Energy
These guidebooks were adopted with the understanding that revisions would be made subsequently to reflect comments received by stakeholders prior to the meeting, and would be presented for the Energy Commission's consideration at a future Business Meeting.
At the April 21, 2004 Business Meeting, the Energy Commission also adopted revisions to the Overall Program Guidebook for the Renewable Energy Program (publication no. 500-04-026). The Overall Program Guidebook was originally adopted in February 2003 to govern the Renewable Energy Program, and has been revised to address administration of the Renewables Portfolio Standard and the New Renewable Facilities Program.
Revisions to the Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook and the New Renewable Facilities Guidebook were adopted at the Energy Commission's regularly-scheduled Business Meeting on May 19, 2004. Revisions to the Overall Program Guidebook were also adopted to formalize the reallocation of funding from the discontinued Customer Credit Program, as recommended by the Energy Commission in its April 2003 report to the Legislature on the Customer Credit Program.
All three guidebooks are now available from the Energy Commission's website. The Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook and the New Renewable Facilities Guidebook are available at:
The Overall Program Guidebook for the Renewable Energy Program is available from the Energy Commission's website at:
Anyone may obtain print copies by contacting the Energy Commission's Publications Unit at (916) 654-5200 or by submitting a written request to:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-5504
When requesting hard copies, please refer to the publication number of the guidebook you are interested in:
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, pub. no. 500-04-002F
- New Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, pub. no. 500-04-001F
- Overall Guidebook for the Renewable Energy Program, pub. no. 500-04-026
News media should direct inquiries to Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director, at (916) 654-4989.
For technical questions regarding the subject matter of these guidebooks, please contact Tim Tutt, Technical Director of the Renewable Energy Program, by phone at (916) 654-4590, or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org].