Energy in Agriculture Program Food and Fiber Processing Technologies
Read about California food and fiber processing facilities participating in research, development, and demonstration projects to advance the adoption of energy and resource efficient technologies.
- California's Food Processing Industry Energy Efficiency Initiative: Adoption of Industrial Best Practices, January 2008, CEC Publication #CEC-400-2008-006, posted: January 31, 2008. (PDF file, 35 pgs., 2.3 MB
Research and Demonstration Projects
- Fetzer Case Study # 1 - Heat Exchange System Improvement Saves Energy and Improves Production at a Winery.
- Fetzer Case Study # 2 - Controls Upgrade at a Winery Saves Energy and Increases Equipment Life.
Electricity Peak Load Reduction
- Pacific Coast Producers - tomato-processing company moves facility location to upgrade equipment, increase production, improve efficiency, and be closer to where the tomatoes are grown. Pacific Coast Producers - Measurement and Verification Report, Energy Commission publication # CEC-400-2003-902, March 2003. (PDF file, 19 pages, 702 kilobytes)
- Campbell Soup Company - Waste Heat Driven Turbines
- Valley Fig Growers - Variable Speed Controlled Refrigeration System
Energy in Agriculture Resources
- Effciency Division Main Page
- Intro Page
- Dairy & Livestock
- Field Equipment
- Food and Fiber Processing
- Irrigation Districts
- On-Farm Irrigation
- Publications & Reports
- Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program
Industrial, Agriculture and Water End-Use Energy Efficiency R&D
- Calif. Dept. of Food & Agriculture
- California Grown