News Releases 2005
- December 28, 2005 - California diesel production beats 5-year record for this date; gasoline production also up slightly.
- December 23, 2005 - New Energy Commission report finds energy-efficiency possibilities in older buildings.
- December 21, 2005 - California gasoline production nears 1 million barrels a day.
- December 15, 2005 - Energy Commission Approves Second Power Plant in Blythe.
- December 7, 2005 - Lack of refinery problems leads to increases in gasoline, diesel production.
- December 2, 2005 - The California Energy Commission will provide California manufacturers with free energy assessments.
- November 30, 2005 - Gasoline, diesel production both drop Thanksgiving week.
- November 29, 2005 - Don't be "Clark Griswold" with your holiday lights this season! Use energy-efficient lights and save on your electricity bill.
- November 29, 2005 - Energy Commission report recommends expansion of Pastoria Energy Facility in Kern County.
- November 23, 2005 - Integrated Energy Policy Report Released by California Energy Commission.
- November 18, 2005 - Energy Commission report details reasons behind record-breaking gas prices.
- November 17, 2005 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Energy Commission's Webex News Conference explains record high gasoline, diesel prices.
- November 16, 2005 - CARB gasoline output flat while overall gasoline production jumps. Friday Webex News Conference explains soaring fuel prices this summer.
- November 3, 2005 - Energy Commission Denies El Segundo Power II's Request to Delay Payments for Santa Monica Bay Ecosystem Study.
- November 3, 2005 - Media Alert: Energy Commission supports clean energy through Industry Growth Forum.
- November 2, 2005 - Despite refinery turnarounds that cut gasoline output, diesel production increases.
- November 2, 2005 - Energy Commission offers tips to control this winter's bigger energy bills.
- October 21, 2005 - Blythe Energy Project, Phase II Recommended for Energy Commission Approval.
- October 19, 2005 - CARB gasoline production drops 5 percent in state refineries
- October 18, 2005 - New Energy Commission Building Standards go into effect to cut energy use
- October 12, 2005 - CARB gasoline production off nearly 8 percent
- October 7, 2005 - Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility Phase 2 Committee Finds It Cannot Recommend Project Licensing.
- October 5, 2005 - California joins "Change a Light" campaign to cut energy waste.
- October 5, 2005 - CARB gasoline production climbs to over a million barrels a day.
- October 3, 2005 - MEDIA ADVISORY: Webex News Conference explains soaring natural gas prices expected for California this winter.
- September 28, 2005 - CARB gasoline production jumps nearly 10 percent as refineries come back.
- September 26, 2005 - Workshop on the Preliminary Staff Assessment for the Pastoria Energy Facility Expansion project.
- September 22, 2005 - Energy Issues Queue Up for Policy Hearings
- September 21, 2005 - Refinery problems cut into California gasoline production
- September 20, 2005 - New duct-sealing law could save homeowners big bucks this fall
- September 14, 2005 - Energy Commission announces gasoline production up at California refineries.
- September 9, 2005 - California and Western Neighbors to Forge Ties with the UK at Climate Change Conference.
- September 7, 2005 - States Sue Department of Energy for Failing Consumers on Energy Standards.
- September 7, 2005 - Energy Commission Releases Safety Advisory Report on Proposed Long Beach LNG Terminal.
- September 2, 2005 - California Energy Commission launches new consumer information page of gasoline.
- August 31, 2005 - Energy Commission to Hold Hearing and Site Visit for Pastoria Energy Facility Expansion.
- August 30, 2005 - Energy Commission urges conservation in light of record high gasoline prices.
- August 11, 2005 - Energy Commission says high gasoline prices may be changing driving habits
- July 25, 2005 - Energy Commission Evidentiary Hearing for Blythe II project.
- July 15, 2005 - Item Added to Energy Commission's July 27 Business Meeting .
- July 13, 2005 - Energy Commission Begins Review of Plant Proposed to Boost Southern California Power Supply.
- July 6, 2005 - Additional Generation Available To Southern California .
- June 23, 2005 - Energy Commission Evidentiary Hearing on San Jose power plant expansion.
- June 23, 2005 - Energy Commission Appoints B.B. Blevins as its Newest Executive Director
- June 17, 2005 - Energy Commission pre-hearing conference for Blythe II power project
- June 17, 2005 - Energy Commission Workshop Examines Global Climate Change and the Relationship of Water to Energy
- June 17, 2005 - Item Added to Energy Commission's June 22 Business Meeting
- June 6, 2005 - California Students Paint a Clean, Bright Energy Future for Energy Commission Art Contest.
- May 27, 2005 - Energy Commission Staff Finds Little To Hamper Los Esteros Conversion.
- May 23, 2005 - Energy Commission Blythe II Conference.
- May 16, 2005 - Workshop to Focus on Energy Growth Issues in the California-Mexico Border Region.
- May 13, 2005 - MEDIA ADVISORY - Workshops to Focus Both on California's Dwindling Gasoline Supplies and Ways to Reduce State's Petroleum Dependence
- May 10, 2005 - Committee Conference to receive comments on the Presiding Member's Proposed Amended Order Authorizing Demolition of the Morro Bay Tank Farm
- May 6, 2005 - MEDIA ADVISORY - Workshops to Tackle Renewable Energy Goals and Issues
- May 3, 2005 - Commission Wins EPA Climate Change Award
- May 2, 2005 - Energy Commission Report Suggests Changes to Blythe II Power Plant Project
- May 2, 2005 - Governor Schwarzenegger Announces Appointments. (Joe Desmond as Chairman of Energy Commission)
- April 27, 2005 - Energy Commission To Hold Hearing and Site Visit for San Francisco Electric Reliability Project.
- April 13, 2005 - Energy Commission Approves Roseville Power Plant.
- April 4, 2005 - Governor's News Release on California Joining Three Western Governors' on Transmission Line Agreement. (PDF file)
- April 1, 2005 - CA Energy Commission workshop on Inland Empire Energy Center.
- March 28, 2005 - Energy Commission conference on proposed decision for Roseville project.
- March 23, 2005 - Compendium examines LNG safety issues.
- March 16, 2005 - Energy Commission Recertifies South Bay Power Plant.
- March 11, 2005 - Roseville Power Plant Proposal Recommended For Approval.
- March 4, 2005 - Energy Commission conference on proposed decision for Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility.
- March 2, 2005 - Energy Commission Launches New Global Climate Change Web Site.
- February 28, 2005 - Governor Schwarzenegger Announces One Million Solar Roofs by 2018
- February 14, 2005 - Committee Recommends Re-licensing Los Esteros Critical Energy Facility.
- February 14, 2005 - Energy Commission Issues Natural Gas Assessment.
- February 11, 2005 - Energy Commission workshop on Metcalf air quality amendment.
- February 4, 2005 - Energy Commission workshop for Los Esteros Phase II.
- February 4, 2005 - Energy Commission workshop for Blythe II project.
- February 4, 2005 - Energy Commission Appoints Nuclear Consultant To Diablo Canyon Safety Committee.
- February 4, 2005 - Energy Commission workshop for Blythe Transmission Line.
- February 4, 2005 - Court rules in favor of California Energy Commission on appliance regulations.
- January 25, 2005 - Energy Commission Reports on Progress of Blythe Transmission Line Proposal
- January 14, 2005 - Workshop for proposed Blythe II power plant.
- January 11, 2005 - Energy Commission Evidentiary Hearings for Roseville Energy Park.
- January 06, 2005 - Energy Commission Staff Assesses Proposed Expansion of San Jose Power Plant.
News Releases Listserv
News Release Archive
For Information Contact:
Deputy Executive Director for Strategic Planning and Media
Media and Public Communications Office