|Implementation of Renewables||)||Docket No. 02-REN-1038|
|Investment Plan Legislation||)||Renewable Energy Program|
|(Public Utilities Code Sections||)||NOTICE OF COMMITTEE WORKSHOP|
|381, 383.5, and 445; [SB 1038])*||)||RE: Changes to the Emerging|
|)||Renewables Program Guidebook|
NOTICE OF RENEWABLES COMMITTEE WORKSHOP
ON THE PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE
Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook
The California Energy Commission Renewables Committee (Committee) will hold a workshop to consider proposed changes to the Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook. Before making any changes, Energy Commission staff and the Committee will hold a public workshop to take comments on these proposed changes and on issues concerning the implementation of the Emerging Renewables Program. The workshop will be held:
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2005
CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION
1516 Ninth Street
First Floor, Hearing Room A
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
For details, please go to:
To participate in the meeting by phone:
Please call 888-664-9858 by 9 a.m. on December 5th
Pass code: Blackburn Call | Call Leader: Bill Blackburn
The Energy Commission staff proposes the following changes to the Guidebook:
- Effective January 1, 2006, the rebate for solar photovoltaic systems is scheduled to drop $0.20/watt. All other eligible renewable energy technologies will remain at the current (2005) rebate levels.
- Extend the reservation period from six months to nine months for standard applications. Current six month reservation holders will receive an automatic three month extension.
- Clarify that 18-month reservations may qualify for time extensions of up to six months under the conditions specified in the version of the ERP Guidebook in place at the time the reservation was issued.
- Require that affordable housing project applicants use an energy consultant certified by the California Association of Building Energy Consultants (CABEC) when verifying compliance with energy efficiency requirements.
- Lower the capacity factor of systems from 30 percent to 20 percent (except for tracking systems) for purposes of determining the amount of funds reserved under the Pilot Performance-Based Incentive program.
- Simplify the rebate calculation for system modifications and additions.
- Other clarifying changes.
The proposed Guidebook changes will be available online November 23, 2005, at [http://www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/02-REN-1038/documents/].
Hard copies of the proposed Guidebook revisions may be obtained by contacting
Janet Preis by phone at (916) 654-4524 or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Committee encourages interested parties to review the proposed changes to the Guidebook and provide written and verbal comments at the workshop.
The Energy Commission encourages members of the public to submit written comments on the proposed Guidebook revisions in advance of the workshop. An original and 21 copies of any comments filed by mail or in person should be provided to the Energy Commission's Docket Unit. Parties may also file a single copy electronically with the Docket Unit and follow up with an original copy by mail. If you are providing written comments at the workshop, please make an additional 50 copies available at the beginning of the workshop.
Please send or deliver written materials to:
California Energy Commission
Re: Docket No. 02-REN-1038
Docket Unit, MS-4
1516 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-5504
All written materials filed with the Docket Unit will become part of the public record in this proceeding. The Energy Commission strongly encourages parties to file written comments by close of business December 7, 2005.
The Energy Commission's Public Adviser, Margret J. Kim, provides the public assistance in participating in Energy Commission activities. If you would like information on how to participate in this meeting, please contact the Public Adviser's Office by phone at (916) 654-4489 or toll free at (800) 822-6228, by FAX at (916) 654-4493, or by e-mail at [email@example.com]. If you have a disability and require assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Lou Quiroz at (916) 654-5146 at least five days in advance.
If you have technical questions concerning the subject matter of this notice, please contact Bill Blackburn by phone at (916) 657-1002 or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. News media inquiries should be directed to Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director, at (916) 654-4989.
John L. Geesman
Commissioner and Presiding Member
Vice Chair and Associate Member
Date posted: November 23, 2005
Mail List: Emerging Renewables 5505
*Amended and recast as Public Resources Code sections 25740 through 25751 pursuant to SB 183 (stats. 2003, Ch. 666)