|Implementation of Renewables||)||Docket No. 02-REN-1038|
|Investment Plan Legislation||)||Renewable Energy Program|
|(Public Utilities Code Sections||)||NOTICE OF BUSINESS MEETING|
|381, 383.5, and 445; [SB 1038])*||)||RE: Changes to the Emerging|
|_________________________________________||)||Renewables Program Guidebook|
NOTICE TO CONSIDER ADOPTION OF CHANGES TO THE
Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook
The California Energy Commission (Energy Commission) will hold a regularly scheduled Business Meeting on:
WEDNESDAY, January 18, 2006
CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION
1516 Ninth Street
First Floor, Hearing Room A
Audio from this meeting will be broadcast over the Internet.
For details, please go to:
As part of its January 18, 2006, Business Meeting, the Energy Commission will consider adopting revisions to the Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook. The previous Guidebook was adopted in June 2005. The California Energy Commission Renewables Committee (Committee) recommends these Guidebook revisions pursuant to Public Resources Code section 25747, which authorizes the Energy Commission to adopt substantive changes to the Guidebook upon providing ten days written notice. Changes shall take effect once approved by the Energy Commission at a publicly noticed meeting.
A public workshop was held on December 5, 2005, regarding proposed changes to the Guidebook. Comments were received and considered on the proposed changes.
The Committee proposes the following changes to the Guidebook:
- Effective January 1, 2006, maintain the rebate for photovoltaics at $2.80/watt; maintain the rebate for fuel cells and solar thermal electric at $3.20/watt; and increase the rebate for wind systems to $2.50/watt for the first 7.5 kW and $1.50/watt for increments above 7.5 kW and less than 30 kW
- Extend the reservation period from six months to nine months for standard applications. Current six-month reservation holders will receive an automatic three month extension
- Clarify that 18-month reservations for public and charter schools and new construction may qualify for time extensions of up to six months under the conditions specified in the version of the ERP Guidebook in place at the time the complete reservation application was submitted
- Require that affordable housing project applicants use an energy consultant certified by the California Association of Building Energy Consultants (CABEC) when verifying compliance with energy efficiency requirements
- Lower the capacity factor of systems from 30 percent to 20 percent (except for projects that use tracking systems) for purposes of determining the amount of funds reserved under the Pilot Performance-Based Incentive program
- Simplify the rebate calculation for system modifications and additions
- Other clarifying changes
The proposed Guidebook changes will be available online January 6, 2006, at www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/02-REN-1038/documents.
Hard copies of the proposed Guidebook revisions may be obtained by contacting Janet Preis by phone at (916) 654-4524 or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
The Energy Commission encourages members of the public to submit written comments on the proposed Guidebook revisions in advance of the Business Meeting. An original and 21 copies of any comments filed by mail or in person should be provided to the Energy Commission's Docket Unit. Parties may also file a single copy electronically with the Docket Unit and follow up with an original copy by mail. If you are providing written comments at the Business Meeting, please make an additional 50 copies available at the beginning of the meeting.
Please send or deliver written materials to:
California Energy Commission
Re: Docket No. 02-REN-1038
Docket Unit, MS-4
1516 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-5504
All written materials filed with the Docket Unit will become part of the public record in this proceeding. The Committee strongly encourages parties to file written comments by close of business January 16, 2006.
The Energy Commission's Public Adviser, Margret J. Kim, provides the public assistance in participating in Energy Commission activities. If you would like information on how to participate in this meeting, please contact the Public Adviser's Office by phone at (916) 654-4489 or toll free at (800) 822-6228, by FAX at (916) 654-4493, or by e-mail at [email@example.com]. If you have a disability and require assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Lou Quiroz at (916) 654-5146 at least five days in advance.
If you have technical questions concerning the subject matter of this notice, please contact Bill Blackburn by phone at (916) 657-1002 or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. News media inquiries should be directed to Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director, at (916) 654-4989.
JOHN L. GEESMAN
Commissioner and Presiding Member
Commissioner and Associate Member
Date posted: January 6, 2006
Mail List: Emerging Renewables 5505
* Amended and recast as Public Resources Code sections 25740 through 25751 pursuant to Senate Bill 183 (stats. 2003, ch. 666)