- New Solar Homes Partnership Website
- Information for Builders About NSHP
- Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards
- CPUC's California Solar Initiative
(Solar for Existing Homes and Businesses)
- California Solar Energy Industries Association (CAL SEIA)
- California Building Industries Association (CBIA)
Affordable Housing Committee for the New Solar Homes Partnership
The California Energy Commission's New Solar Homes Partnership (NSHP) began on January 2, 2007. The NSHP program encourages the installation of photovoltaic systems in highly energy efficient new residential construction. At the encouragement of the Energy Commission Chairman Jackalyne Pfannenstiel, an Affordable Housing Committee has been formed to provide input on program design and implementation strategies for the affordable housing component of the NSHP. The Affordable Housing Committee is an independent, informal stakeholder group which includes representatives from California's Department of Housing and Community Development, the State Treasurer's Office, California Housing Finance Agency, the affordable housing development community, commercial banking, and solar energy industries. A list of the Affordable Housing Committee members is available in the column on the left.
While Commissioners of the Energy Commission do not serve on the independent Affordable Housing Committee, they are interested in facilitating this form of public and stakeholder participation, and may attend advisory committee meetings. To this end, an Affordable Housing Committee meeting is being held at the Energy Commission and notice of the meeting is being posted on the Energy Commission's Web site. Future meetings, as well as Affordable Housing Committee materials, will also be posted on the Energy Commission's website on this page.
For questions about the Affordable Housing Committee, please contact Sandy Miller at (916) 654-5166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the New Solar Homes Partnership, please visit the Go Solar California website.
Affordable Housing Committee Meetings
- October 22, 2008 - Staff Workshop on the California Utility Allowance Calculator, including ZIP file of CUAC and instructions
WebEx Recording of Workshop (streaming video and audio)
Please note: No software is needed; The WebEx player is automatically installed when you click the link to begin playback. Problems with playback? Please contact WebEx technical support at 1 866-229-3239.
- March 23, 2007 - Notice of New Solar Homes Partnership Afordable Housing Advisory Committee meeting. Posted March 12, 2007.
- POSTPONED - TO BE RESCHEDULED
February 9, 2007- Meeting on the Affordable Housing Program for the New Solar Homes Partnership. Posted January 30, 2007.
- December 15, 2006 - Notice of Advisory Committee Meeting on the Affordable Housing Program for the New Solar Homes Partnership. Posted December 5, 2006. (Note: PDF file)
- November 9, 2006 - Notice of Advisory Committee Meeting on the Affordable Housing Program for the New Solar Homes Partnership. Posted October 27, 2006.
- September 22, 2006 - Notice of Advisory Committee Meeting on the Affordable Housing Program for the New Solar Homes Partnership. Posted September 12, 2006.
- June 13, 2006 - Joint Workshop of the Energy Commission and CPUC on Affordable Housing. Posted June 2, 2006.
• Documents for Joint Workshop