Notice of Availability
Emerging Renewable Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition
[Publication No. CEC-300-2005-022/Docket No. 02-REN-1038]
As part of its regularly scheduled Business Meeting on January 18, 2006, the California Energy Commission adopted the Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition (Guidebook), pursuant to Public Resources Code section 25747, which authorizes the Energy Commission to adopt substantive changes to the Guidebook upon providing ten days written notice. Changes took effect upon adoption. The Guidebook provides general eligibility guidelines, program requirements and funding processes for the Emerging Renewables Program.
Summary of Changes to the Guidebook
- Effective January 1, 2006, maintain the rebate for photovoltaics at $2.80/watt; maintain the rebate for fuel cells and solar thermal electric at $3.20/watt; and increase the rebate for wind systems to $2.50/watt for the first 7.5 kW and $1.50/watt for increments above 7.5 kW and less than 30 kW
- Extend the reservation period from six months to nine months for standard applications. Current six-month reservation holders will receive an automatic three month extension
- Clarify that 18-month reservations for public and charter schools and new construction may qualify for time extensions of up to six months under the conditions specified in the version of the ERP Guidebook in place at the time the complete reservation application was submitted
- Require that affordable housing project applicants use an energy consultant certified by the California Association of Building Energy Consultants (CABEC) when verifying compliance with energy efficiency requirements
- Lower the capacity factor of systems from 30 percent to 20 percent (except for projects that use tracking systems) for purposes of determining the amount of funds reserved under the Pilot Performance-Based Incentive program
- Simplify the rebate calculation for system modifications and additions
- Other clarifying changes
How to Obtain a Copy of the Guidebook
The Guidebook is available from the Energy Commission's Web site at: www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/emerging_renewables/. To save unnecessary reproduction and mailing costs, the Energy Commission did not mass mail the Guidebook to the Emerging Renewables Program mailing list. If you would like one mailed to you, please contact the Energy Commission's Call Center at (800) 555-7794 or the Publications Unit at (916) 654-5200 and request publication number CEC-300-2006-001-ED6F.
You may also submit a written request to:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-13
Sacramento, CA 95814
If you have technical questions regarding the subject matter of this notice or the Guidebook, please contact Bill Blackburn, Emerging Renewables Program Lead, at (916) 657-1002 or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. For inquiries regarding the mail list, please call the Project Secretary, Janet Preis, at (916) 654-4524. News media inquiries should be directed to Claudia Chandler, Assistant Executive Director, at (916) 654-4989.
Mail List: Emerging Renewables 5505
Note: The California Energy Commission's formal name is State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission.