Buildings End-Use Energy Efficiency Research Projects
The Buildings Efficiency program area is primarily focused on short- to medium-term applied research in new and existing buildings. The research portfolio is grouped into eight research categories:
- Lighting (LEDs, fluorescents, controls)
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (motors, fans, rooftop units).
- Demand Response (metering, pricing, end-use load management)
- Equipment, Appliances and Plug Loads (water heating, foodservice, electronics).
- Whole Building and Envelope (fenestration, windows, simulation).
- Community-Scale (heat islands, cool roofs, walkable communities).
- Codes and Standards (Title 24 - Buildings, Title 20 - Appliances).