CALL FOR POSTERS
California Climate Change Conference
Sacramento Convention Center
September 8-10, 2008
With this notice we are inviting researchers to submit proposals for posters for the Fifth Annual Climate Change Conference. Please feel free to share this invitation with others. The posters should address climate change research activities in California with a focus on impacts, adaptation, technology development, greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation options and any other area of work on climate change of relevance to California. A poster session will be held on Tuesday, September 9, 2008, at the Sacramento Convention Center from 5-7 p.m. All poster presenters are expected to be present during this time.
If you would like to submit a poster, please e-mail the following information to Sarah Pittiglio at the California Energy Commission at [email@example.com] before August 1st, 2008:
- A clear, concise abstract of 150 words or less.
- Include why your submission is pertinent to Climate Change in California.
- Provide your name, e-mail address, and current phone number.
We will notify you regarding acceptance by e-mail no later than August 15th, 2008. If your poster is accepted for presentation, you will receive guidelines that are designed to help improve the effectiveness of poster communication.
- Brief and clearly organized.
- Simple, with an obvious theme.
- Easy to read from 4 to 6 feet away.
- The poster board surface area is 3'8" high and 7'6" wide (approximately 110 cm x 230 cm).
- Illustrations, labels, etc., must be attached to the poster board with thumbtacks, which will be available in the poster area.
- Do not write on the poster boards.
- Please leave space in the top portion for a title sign.
Poster Set up and Removal
- Set up on Monday, September 8, 2008, between 8-10 a.m.
- Remove on Wednesday, September 10, 2008, by 5 p.m.
More information about the conference will be available on the California Climate Change Portal very soon, including a link to register.
The Portal is at: www.climatechange.ca.gov
For more information about the poster session, please contact Sarah Pittiglio by phone at 916-654-3962 or e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org].