Staff Workshop on Increasing DVBE
Participation in the
Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program
Documents for meeting (when available)
The California Energy Commission's Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Program will host a public workshop to review research program efforts that could be supplied by Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE) certified companies and to allow the Energy Commission to procure more future DVBE support and services.
The workshop will be held:
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2010
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION
1516 Ninth Street
First Floor, Hearing Room A
Internet Webcast - Presentations and audio from the meeting will be broadcast via our WebEx web meeting service. For details on how to participate via WebEx, please see the "Remote Attendance" section toward the end of this notice.
This workshop will review the technical and administrative needs, typically outsourced, by the PIER program to develop a comprehensive database of potential DVBE eligible providers of these services.
During the workshop, there will be opportunity to discuss specific program needs. There also will be opportunity to learn how to register as a qualified DVBE with the California Department of General Services.
The Public Interest Energy Research Program was started in 1998 by Assembly Bill 1890. The program is funded using a public purpose surcharge on electricity and natural gas bills. Current funding for the program is $86.5 million per year.
The PIER program conducts research within seven technical subject areas:
- Building end use energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Advanced generation
- Industrial and agricultural energy efficiency
- Energy Systems
- Environmental impacts of energy use
The PIER program conducts its research through agreements with research performers. Research performers include private companies, individuals, universities, national laboratories and state agencies.
The Energy Commission's Public Adviser's Office provides assistance to the public for participating in Energy Commission activities. If you want information on how to participate in this forum, please contact the Public Adviser's Office at (916) 654-4489 or toll free at (800) 822-6228, by FAX at (916) 654-4493, or by e-mail at [PublicAdviser@energy.state.ca.us]. If you have a disability and require assistance to participate, please contact Lou Quiroz at (916) 654-5146 at least five days in advance.
Please direct all news media inquiries to the Media and Public Communication's Office, at (916) 654-4989, or by e-mail at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
If you have questions related to the subject matter of this notice, please contact Philip Misemer at (916) 654-4552 or email email@example.com.
You can participate in this meeting through WebEx, the Energy Commission's online meeting service. Presentations will appear on your computer screen, and you listen to the audio via your telephone. Please be aware that the meeting's WebEx audio and on-screen activity may be recorded.
Computer Log-on with Telephone Audio:
- Please go to https://energy.webex.com and enter the unique meeting number: 920 312 550
- When prompted, enter your name, other information as directed, and the meeting password: meeting@1
After you log-in, a prompt will ask for your phone number. If you wish to have WebEx call you back, enter your phone number. This will add your name on the WebEx log so that we know who is connected and have a record of your participation by WebEx.
If you do not wish to do that, click cancel, and go to step 4. Or, if your company uses an older switchboard-type of phone system where your line is an extension, click cancel and go to step 4.
- If you do not want WebEx to call you back, then call 1-866-469-3239 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada). When prompted, enter the meeting number above and your unique Attendee ID number, which is listed in the top left area of your screen after you login via computer. International callers can dial in using the "Show all global call-in numbers" link (also in the top left area).
Telephone Only (No Computer Access):
- Call 1-866-469-3239 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada) and when prompted enter the unique meeting number above. International callers can select their number from https://energy.webex.com/energy/globalcallin.php
If you have difficulty joining the meeting, please call the WebEx Technical Support number at 1-866-229-3239.