In the Matter of: ) Docket No. 00-AFC-1 ) Application for Certification ) ORDER GRANTING for the Gateway Power Project ) PETITION TO INTERVENE (Southern Energy Delta) ) __________________________________________)
Upon consideration of the Petition to Intervene filed by Joe P. Hawkins (Petitioner), the Committee designated to conduct proceedings in this matter makes the following findings:
- On May 22, 2000, a Petition to Intervene was filed by:
Joe P. Hawkins Ellison & Schneider 3 Marlin Drive Pittsburg, CA 94565
- The Petition to Intervene was timely filed and contains the information required by Section 1207 of the Commission's regulations. (Cal. Code of Regs., title 20, § 1207);
- The Applicant has filed no opposition to said Petition;
- Petitioner's interests are relevant to the proceeding; and
- Petitioner desires to participate with the rights and obligations of a party.
Petitioner asserts financial hardship and made several requests for Commission assistance in the proceeding, which may, in part, be addressed by regulations related to electronic filing pending potential Commission action at its regularly scheduled Business Meeting on June 14, 2000. The proposed regulations may be viewed at: http://www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/proceedings/index.html Therefore, the Committee will hold Petitioner's requests under submission until further notice.
The Petition to Intervene is GRANTED and Petitioner may be included on the Proof of Service. As an intervenor, Petitioner may exercise the rights and shall fulfill the obligations of a party as set forth in Section 1712 of the Commission's regulations. (Cal. Code of Regs., title 20, § 1712.) Staff shall ensure that Petitioner is immediately provided with a copy of the Application for Certification.
Date On Line: June 12, 2000
ENERGY RESOURCES CONSERVATION
AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
WILLIAM J. KEESE, Chairman
Presiding Committee Member
Gateway Power Project AFC Committee
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |