Power Plant Proceeding
(Henrietta Energy Peaker Project Amendment)
01-AFC-18C (Amendment Proceeding)
Project Status: Amendment Approved; In Compliance Phase.
The California Energy Commission approved this project's Amendment on March 24, 2010. The Commission monitors the power plant's construction, operation and eventual decommissioning through a compliance proceeding.
Committee that oversaw the Amendment Proceeding:
Arthur H. Rosenfeld, Commissioner, Presiding Member
James D. Boyd, Commissioner, Associate Member
- 10/14/2008 - GWF Energy LLC files Amendment Petition.
- 11/5/2009 - Energy Commission staff publishes Staff Assessment of Amendment.
- 3/24/2010 - Energy Commission approved major amendment.
- 4/15/2010 - Final Commission Decision
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
GWF Energy LLC (GWF),is proposing to modify the existing HPP nominal 95-megawatt (MW) simple-cycle power plant, by converting the facility into a combined-cycle power plant with a nominal 25 MW (net) of additional generating capacity.
Energy Commission Facility Certification Process
The California Energy Commission is the lead agency (for licensing thermal power plants 50 megawatts and larger) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and has a certified regulatory program under CEQA. Under its certified program, the Energy Commission is exempt from having to prepare an environmental impact report. Its certified program, however, does require environmental analysis of the project, including an analysis of alternatives and mitigation measures to minimize any significant adverse effect the project may have on the environment.
For Questions About This Siting Case Contact:
For Questions About Participation In Siting Cases Contact:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-12 Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll-Free in California: 1-800-822-6228
News Media Please Contact:
Media & Public Communications Office
- Submit e-Comment
- Submit e-Filing
- Documents for this Proceeding
- Exhibit List
- Proof of Service List
- Proof of Service Declaration Form MS Word or PDF
- Search Documents in this Proceeding
- Search All Power Plant Documents
- Legacy Henrietta Energy Peaker Project Amendment Documents Page
(No Longer Updated)
- Legacy Henrietta Energy Peaker Project Amendment Notices Page
(No Longer Updated)
- Original Henrietta Peaker Proceeding Page