Introduction -- 9:30 am
Land Use -- 9:40 am
- Compatibility of the proposed project with land use requirements and lease agreements.
- Schedule for federal approval of property transfer - does the applicant foresee any problems?
- Potential aviation hazards due to thermal plumes from the gas turbine and cooling tower exhausts on runway 21
Cultural Resources -- 10:10 am
- Parcel Maps for the area affected by the project, showing the location and parcel identification numbers for these federal parcels
Water Resources -- 10:20 am
- Discuss issues regarding use of State Water Project water as the project's primary water supply. Such issues include the status of High Desert's application to the Mojave Water Agency for State Water Project water as well as the potential timing for the Mojave Water Agency's review of the application.
- Discuss the current proposal for securing a backup water supply for the proposed project. Issues that need to be discussed include the nature of the proposal, identification of the agencies involved and their responsibility in securing water for the project, the timing of agency approval of the proposal and additional information needed to evaluate the proposal.
Biological Resources -- 11:00 am
- Discuss progress in procuring a "Take Permit" from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Biological Resources Mitigation Implementation Plan (BRMIP), status report, or any questions regarding examples provided
Air Quality -- 11:15 am
- Update on the status of the offsets package
- Discuss whether a decision has been made regarding the model turbine for each of the three scenarios, as alluded to in the Revised Authority to Construct Application to the District
- High temperature selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology
- Applicant's response to Mojave Desert AQMD request for BACT, visibility impact assessment and health risk assessment (if necessary)
Hazardous Materials Handling -- 11:30 am
- Discuss accidental release modeling methods
- Discuss mitigation measures and how they are reflected in the modeling
- Discuss Federal Risk Management Program level
Closing remarks -- 12:00 pm