In the Matter of: ) Docket No. 01-AFC-6
Application for Certification ) DATA ADEQUATE
of the MAGNOLIA POWER PROJECT )
BY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC ) SEPTEMBER 25, 2001
POWER AUTHORITY )
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF
THE PRESIDING MEMBER'S PROPOSED DECISION (PMPD)
NOTICE OF HEARING TO REOPEN THE RECORD FOR LIMITED PURPOSE
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CONFERENCE ON THE PMPD
I. NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY
The Committee released the Presiding Member's Proposed Decision (PMPD) in this matter on February 3, 2003. The 30-day public comment period ends
March 4, 2003. The Energy Commission will consider the PMPD at its regularly scheduled Business Meeting on March 5, 2003. Copies of the PMPD were provided to the Proof of Service List and are available from the Energy Commission's Publications Unit at (916) 654-5200 under Publication No. P800-03-002. The PMPD is posted on the Energy Commission's Internet Web Site at: [www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/magnolia].
II. NOTICE OF HEARING TO REOPEN THE RECORD
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT the Committee will conduct a Hearing to Reopen the Record for the limited purpose of receiving evidence as indicated below:
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2003
Beginning at 2:00 p.m.
California Energy Commission
Hearing Room A
1516 9th Street
Teleconference: Interested governmental agencies and members of the public may participate either in person or via teleconference. For the convenience of those who cannot travel to Sacramento, please call the following number on the date of the hearing by 2 p.m.
The toll free number is 1-800-619-3416
The conference leader is Susan Gefter
The passcode is Magnolia
Those who plan to participate via teleconference are requested to reserve a phone line by contacting the Energy Commission's Public Adviser at
(800) 822-6228 or, email at: [firstname.lastname@example.org].
At the Hearing the parties shall:
- Provide evidence re air quality of the Applicant's complete offset package to demonstrate compliance with Public Resources Code section 25523(d)(2);
- Provide evidence re socioeconomics of the Environmental Justice analysis using the 2000 Census for low-income population data;
- Provide evidence re noise that the project will comply with "good community noise control practices;"
- Provide evidence re waste management and soil and water resources of the accurate daily and yearly amount of "salt cake" from the zero liquid discharge process that will be deposited at local landfills;
- Provide evidence re public health of the specific mitigation that applies to use of the 10-in-a-million cancer risk threshold and in particular, whether the 1.15-in-a-million calculation for the project requires additional mitigation; and
- Submit redrafted Conditions of Certification consistent with the direction contained in the PMPD, specifically, Conditions of Certification SOIL and WATER-1 through 4 and 7; TSE-5, the Verification to TSE-5 and TSE-7; NOISE-3, 6, 7, and 10.
The parties shall submit prepared written testimony prior to the Hearing. The prepared testimony shall be filed and served by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2003. The parties shall also send copies via email to the Proof of Service list and to the Hearing Officer.
III. NOTICE OF COMMITTEE CONFERENCE
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT the Committee will also hold a public Conference to receive comments on the PMPD on the same date and location as noticed above. The Committee Conference will trail the Hearing to Reopen the Record.
All parties intending to participate at the Conference shall file written comments on the PMPD. These comments shall be served and filed no later than 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2003.
Members of the public and interested governmental agencies may also submit written comments on the PMPD no later than the close of the comment period. Written comments shall be filed with the Energy Commission's Docket Unit, 1516 9th Street, MS-4, Sacramento, CA 95814. Identify all comments with "Docket No. 01-AFC-6."
For information concerning public participation, contact the Commission's Public Adviser, Roberta Mendonca, at (916) 654-4489 or, toll free, at (800) 822-6228; or e-mail: [email@example.com].
Media inquiries should be directed to Claudia Chandler at (916) 654-4989. If you require special accommodations, contact Lourdes Quiroz at (916) 654-5146 at least five days prior to the Conference.
Technical questions should be directed to the Commission's Project Manager, James Reede, at (916) 653-1245 or email: [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Questions of a legal or procedural nature should be addressed to Susan Gefter, the Hearing Officer, at (916) 654-3893, or email: [email@example.com].
Dated in Sacramento, California on February 3, 2003.
JOHN L. GEESMAN
Commissioner and Presiding Member
Magnolia AFC Committee
ARTHUR H. ROSENFELD
Commissioner and Associate Member
Magnolia AFC Committee
| Back to Main Page
| Contact Us |