STATE OF CALIFORNIA
Conservation and Development Commission
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION ) Docket No. 01-AFC-24 OF THE ) PALOMAR ENERGY PROJECT ) DATA ADEQUATE BY SEMPRA ENERGY RESOURCES ) FEBRUARY 6, 2002 _______________________________________ )
ORDER GRANTING PETITION TO INTERVENE
Upon consideration of the Petition to Intervene filed by Cabrillo Power I LLC, a subsidiary of Dynegy, Inc. and NRG Energy, Inc., the Committee designated to conduct proceedings in this matter makes the following findings:
- On March 14, 2002, a Petition to Intervene in the above-captioned proceeding was filed by:
Cabrillo Power I LLC
Attn: David Lloyd, Esq. 750
B Street, Suite 2740 San Diego, California 95101
- The Petition was timely filed and contains the information required by Section 1207 of the Commission's regulations (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 20, § 1207);
- Petitioner's interests are relevant to the above-captioned proceeding;
- Petitioner desires to participate as a full party intervenor as set forth in Section 1712 of the Commission's regulations (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 20, § 1712); and
- Applicant does not oppose the Petition.
THEREFORE, the Committee Orders that the Petition to Intervene be granted and that Petitioner shall be added to the Proof of Service List as an intervenor. Staff shall ensure that Petitioner is immediately provided with a copy of the Application for Certification. Petitioner may exercise the rights and shall fulfill the obligations of a party.
In response to the Petition, Applicant raised concerns about Petitioner's potential interest in relitigating gas supply issues previously reviewed in the Energy Commission's proceeding on the Otay Mesa project (Docket No. 99-AFC-5). This committee will determine the relevance of any issue presented in the instant proceeding, including potential constraints on gas delivery, at the time it is offered for evidentiary consideration.
Dated March 25, 2002, at Sacramento, California
ROBERT A. LAURIE
Commissioner and Presiding Member
Palomar AFC Committee
| Back to Main Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search | Contact Us |