Emergency Peaker Project
01-EP-13 (Application For Certification)
Project Status: Withdrawn, August 1, 2001, by applicant.
APPLICANT: Evergreen Power Company
LOCATION: Contra Costa County
SIZE: 50 Megawatt Peaking Power Plant
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
Evergreen Power Company submitted an application for the 50 MW Evergreen Concord Peaking Facility on June 1, 2001, for a permit under the emergency permitting process. The proposed project would have been located on a portion of the Lesher Property, located just north of Evora Road and Highway 4, near the intersection with Willow Pass Road in unincorporated Contra Costa County. The Energy Commission found that application to be incomplete on June 5. Evergreen did not submit a supplemental application.
Energy Commission Facility Certification Process
The California Energy Commission is the lead agency (for licensing thermal power plants 50 megawatts and larger) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and has a certified regulatory program under CEQA. Under its certified program, the Energy Commission is exempt from having to prepare an environmental impact report. Its certified program, however, does require environmental analysis of the project, including an analysis of alternatives and mitigation measures to minimize any significant adverse effect the project may have on the environment.
For Questions About This Siting Case Contact:
For Questions About Participation In Siting Cases Contact:
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-12 Sacramento, CA 95814
Toll-Free in California: 1-800-822-6228
News Media Please Contact:
Media & Public Communications Office
- Submit e-Comment
- Submit e-Filing
- Documents for this Proceeding
- Exhibit List
- Proof of Service List
- Proof of Service Declaration Form MS Word or PDF
- Search Documents in this Proceeding
- Search All Power Plant Documents
- Letter to the Energy Commission from Evergreen Power Company withdrawing the Evergreen Concord Peaking Facility from the 21-day certification process. -- Placed online August 2, 2001. (Acrobat PDF file, 1 page, 4 kilobytes).
- Project Location Map -- Placed online August 2, 2001. (Acrobat PDF file, 1 page, 406 kilobytes).