STATE OF CALIFORNIA
Conservation and Development Commission
In the Matter of: ) Docket No. 98-AFC-1 ) Application for Certification ) NOTICE OF COMMITTEE'S for the Pittsburg District ) SECOND STATUS CONFERENCE Energy Facility (PDEF) ) ______________________________ )
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Committee assigned to conduct proceedings in the above-captioned matter has scheduled a Second Committee Status Conference as follows:
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 1999
Beginning at 6 p.m.
Pittsburg City Hall
City Council Chambers
65 Civic Avenue
II. PURPOSE OF CONFERENCE
The purpose of the Second Committee Status Conference is to determine whether case development is progressing satisfactorily, as well as to consider potential delays and other relevant matters that require Committee attention.
Representatives from governmental agencies are invited to participate in the status conference to identify technical issues that have not yet been resolved. Members of the public are encouraged to attend the Conference to discuss any concerns they may have regarding the proposed project. The public will have an opportunity to ask questions and to participate in the process. Pursuant to the Committee's Revised Scheduling Order, the parties filed Status Reports No. 4, which were due on January 25, 1999, indicating their respective views on compliance with the schedule. In light of those Status Reports, the Committee is interested in receiving information regarding the following:
- Status of each outstanding data request related to air quality and visual resources, including those filed on January 22, 1999, and the anticipated dates for submittal of the data responses to the requested information;
- Status of any other data request that remains outstanding;
- Revised schedule for Bay Area Air Quality Management District's (BAAQMD) release of its Preliminary Determination of Compliance (PDOC) and its Final Determination of Compliance (FDOC);
- Revised schedule for the Independent System Operator's (ISO) review of PG&E's Facility Study Report in light of the projected four-month preparation time required by PG&E to complete the Study;
- Status of the Regional Water Quality Control Board's (RWQCB) comments on the application for an Industrial Discharge Permit, and the revised schedule for submittal of RWQCB's finding that the permit application meets all pertinent requirements;
- Positions of the parties, including Intervenor Delta Energy Center, regarding the timetable for completion and coordination of the cumulative impacts analysis for this proceeding in conjunction with the analysis provided by Delta Energy in Docket No. 98-AFC-3;
- Positions of the parties on the advantages and disadvantages of bifurcating the Staff Assessment (SA) to include all uncontested areas in the sections released on March 11, 1999; but to delay release of certain sections, including air quality, visual resources, transmission reliability and other ISO determinations, wastewater discharge permit requirements, and other areas that remain incomplete or unresolved as of March 11; and proposals for schedule revisions if the SA release date is delayed to complete certain unresolved sections; and
- Positions of the parties on the advantages and disadvantages of adopting a performance schedule for the remainder of this proceeding.
The Committee directs the parties to respond to these queries at the Status Conference and to provide any additional information that would be relevant to assist the Committee in reviewing the status of this proceeding. Presentations by the parties at the Status Conference will satisfy the requirement to file Status Reports No. 5, which are currently due on February 15, 1999. While the Committee does not intend to take testimony at the Conference, the discussion will be reported and will become part of the record. Representatives from the responsible governmental agencies are encouraged to attend and provide information regarding their involvement in this proceeding.
For information on how to participate in this Conference, contact Roberta Mendonca, the Commission's Public Adviser, at (916) 654-4489 or (800) 822-6228 or email: email@example.com
If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to participate, contact Robert Sifuentes at (916) 654-5004 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedural or legal questions may be directed to the Hearing Officer, Susan Gefter, at (916) 654-3893 or e-mail: email@example.com
Information concerning other activities in this proceeding is available on the Energy Commission's Internet homepage at: www.energy.ca.gov/sitingcases/pittsburg
Attachment: Map (only mailed copy)
Dated: January 27, 1999 ENERGY RESOURCES CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
DAVID A. ROHY, Ph.D. MICHAL C. MOORE Vice Chair and Presiding Member Commissioner and Associate Member
Mailed to List: #712
| Back to Notices Page | Homepage | Calendar | Directory/Index | Search |